FBI Fingerprint Cards

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

aslap

FBI Fingerprint Cards

Post by aslap »

I just dropped off all of my Form 1 paperwork to the local police Chief. He signed off on everything but he didn't think the fingerprint card that I printed from the FBI web site was going to work with their fingerprinting system. Is that the proper thing to do for the fingerprint card - print it off the FBI site or is there other card that needs to be provided?

Thanks

aslap
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Re: FBI Fingerprint Cards

Post by MV10 »

My sheriff's office has a stack of cards at the front desk for the taking. They charge you when they ink you.
Modern American political discourse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

You can not print the card off the FBI website and have it valid for the NFA transfers.

You need to order fingerprint cards from the ATF Distribution center.

http://www.atf.gov/forms/dcof/ You need the 258 cards.

If your Sheriff has blank ORI code cards you can fill in the appropriate code. The FBI code will send the results to the FBI and not the NFA Branch. Will be cause for rejection until appropriate cards are received.

If there are blanks you can fill in the ORI code as "WVATF0800".

Usually get distribution mail in about a week.
aslap

Post by aslap »

Thanks!! That's what I figured. So the ORI cards can be used then with the code you supplied?

aslap
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

aslap wrote:Thanks!! That's what I figured. So the ORI cards can be used then with the code you supplied?

aslap
Yes that is the current correct code.

If its blank then you can hand write it in, they have kicked them back in the past if you cross out another ORI and write a new one in.
aslap

Post by aslap »

Okey-dokey. Thanks for the advice. See you all in about 6 months.

aslap
aslap

Post by aslap »

Just a quick update. I'm planning on trying a variant on the Omega baffles for the build and I asked for permission from SWR and not only got it but was wished Good Luck so that was very, very cool!
aslap