length dimension of tirant 9mn fixed barrel spacer

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

jaredr
Silent But Deadly

length dimension of tirant 9mn fixed barrel spacer

Post by jaredr »

need to fabricate a fixed barrel spacer for my tirant 9mm, anyone have one of these they can take a length measurement with a dial caliper?
rqlasl
Silent But Deadly

Re: length dimension of tirant 9mn fixed barrel spacer

Post by rqlasl »

Measure the lenght that your piston sticks out of the end cap. Take it apart, remove the spring. Place your piston back in the end cap so the same amount of piston is sticking out. Measure from the flat on the piston where the spring sits to the inside of your cap.........Thats your lenght.

Make sure you can actually make it legally.....I'm not sure if it would be a "extra" part which is a big no no!
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

rqlasl wrote:Measure the lenght that your piston sticks out of the end cap. Take it apart, remove the spring. Place your piston back in the end cap so the same amount of piston is sticking out. Measure from the flat on the piston where the spring sits to the inside of your cap.........Thats your lenght.

Make sure you can actually make it legally.....I'm not sure if it would be a "extra" part which is a big no no!
He's an MFG so it doesn't matter for him on the legality front.
hs338lapua
Silent But Deadly

Post by hs338lapua »

Can a normal person make a fixed barrel spacer? Given they have the mechanical abilities to do so.
You can't ever have too much KFC!
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

i'm just being lazy, figured i would see if someone had a spec before i broke out the depth micrometer. short answer is I'll take a gross measurement, then test for fit and just measure the actual amount I need to take off in order for the endcap to thread down flush against the spacer.