www.Gun-Disassembly.Com

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

pnl2012
Senior Silent Operator

www.Gun-Disassembly.Com

Post by pnl2012 »

Someone sent me the Link, went to the Site to try and it’s just amazing. It’s about assembling, disassembling and using Virtual Firearms. The models are based on real Guns and you can X-Ray the Gun while firing so learn how the inside stuff works. I think it’s an amazing job. Looks like a Game but it’s more a training platform for me.

http://www.gun-disassembly.com
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Re: www.Gun-Disassembly.Com

Post by Historian »

Excellent. Thank you for directing us to this site.

In particular the pictures of the Welrod MKII wonderfully
flesh out the file with the patents and blue prints and
make them even more comprehensible.

Best.
Enfield577
Silent But Deadly

Post by Enfield577 »

great site thanks - I intend on making a Welrod copy (when I get time :lol: ) and asked them if they had dimensioned drawings, unfortunately they don't

Still interesting though

Cheers
Of all the things I've lost it's my mind I miss the most
pnl2012
Senior Silent Operator

Post by pnl2012 »

They don’t have drawings for the Welrod but they have the 3D Model. They are not willing to neither share nor sell, anyway. I started to make a full 3D Model for the Welrod sometime ago using different sources of info and some other available partial models, blueprints and info from owners. It’s now around 90% done but lack on some parts that I couldn’t find yet. I’ll PM you when I have it ready.
gunny50
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunny50 »

"Enfield577"

I'll be getting an welrod in from a friend that I will take apart for full 3D reverse engineering.
Will take some time to do it all but it will be done.

Gunny
korabas

Post by korabas »

Gunny,
did you get 3d model of Welrod? Can you show it? I am quite interesting to see it.
gunny50
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunny50 »

korabas wrote:Gunny,
did you get 3d model of Welrod? Can you show it? I am quite interesting to see it.

I wrote: I'll be getting an welrod in from a friend that I will take apart for full 3D reverse engineering.
Will take some time to do it all but it will be done.

That means that I get the gun in a few weeks to completely reverse engineer.

Some Parts are already done rest will follow.

Gunny
korabas

Post by korabas »

Gunny,
which model are you going to use, Mk.II, Mk.IIA, Mk.I or american model?

One more question. What is the role of the detail in the red circle? This detail was used only in american model.
gunny50
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunny50 »

"korabas"

it's a safety, this so that one can NOT pull the trigger till the bold is fully closed.

Here the link with some reading material.
http://www.timelapse.dk/US_Welrod.php

Gunny
Enfield577
Silent But Deadly

Post by Enfield577 »

Took me a few weeks to work out what that bit did. I was thinking of doing the safety a different way, having the trigger bar extend back and fit into a notch in the bolt knob, therefore if the bolt is not fully rotated the trigger can not be pulled. That will be for the rifle version, I might keep the pistol more authentic

Cheers
Of all the things I've lost it's my mind I miss the most
korabas

Post by korabas »

Thank you, Gunny for information.
And again, which model of Welrod are you going to use for your reverse engineering project?
I am asking because my particular interest is Mk.IIA.
gunny50
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunny50 »

Enfield577 wrote:Took me a few weeks to work out what that bit did. I was thinking of doing the safety a different way, having the trigger bar extend back and fit into a notch in the bolt knob, therefore if the bolt is not fully rotated the trigger can not be pulled. That will be for the rifle version, I might keep the pistol more authentic

Cheers

Enfield,

That is a good and simple solution, and not over complicating the solution to an existing problem.
Maybe not what they did in production back than but I do think its a lot safer than the original MK2 with only the grip safety.

Gunny