.22 rimmy tester mod

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

nutshot
Silent Operator

.22 rimmy tester mod

Post by nutshot »

Bit rough around the edges but I didn`t take too much care over its construction as its just a tester made with a pvc core just to see how it sounds. PVC doesn`t machine that nice and melts rather than cuts but it was free so good for a disposable tester.
Its going on a short barreled 1022 so I kept it short and fat to keep the length down . If it sounds ok I`ll re make it with some pretty carbon and an ally core . Might even measure it right rather than just guess :lol:

Total length is 4 3/4" but with a bit of end cap trimming I think I can cut that down to 4 1/2" , od 38mm . Seams quite a rigid shape even though its plastic.

Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Re: .22 rimmy tester mod

Post by Capt. Link. »

If you thicken the web between baffles it will most likely be quieter.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
nutshot
Silent Operator

Post by nutshot »

Capt. Link. wrote:If you thicken the web between baffles it will most likely be quieter.
You think ? I was thinking of thinning it down a bit more if this works half decent ?
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

The thicker web acts as a cross flow port and will increase turbulence!.If you tilt the baffles and thicken the web it would be even better.
PS.you need to put your photos back up on your link in 577's post.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
nutshot
Silent Operator

Post by nutshot »

Cheers I`ll give it a go . I was thinking of angle baffles too . angle all but the very front one as that would add more length .

I`m not sure what happened to my old pictures on the old thread . the only pics missing are the barrel sleeve and the outer covering which were made from pvc waste pipe from a diy store . That was a tester too but it worked so well and lasted fine it seamed pointless to re make it until it broke.
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

tilt the mill head and make those cones and see how it does! assuming you used a rotary. :mrgreen:
nutshot
Silent Operator

Post by nutshot »

SRM wrote:tilt the mill head and make those cones and see how it does! assuming you used a rotary. :mrgreen:

Might do if this works quite well . just don`t want to add any length if possible and angled baffles would ether make it longer or loose a chamber . aye rotary table . slots were measure roughly with a ruler which is why they is a bit of variance on the thickness. Just had a dro fitted to my mill this morning so next one will be better and I`ll take a bit more time as that will be a keeper.