Form1 returned for corrections.....can I change other stuff

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

daviscustom
Silent But Deadly

Form1 returned for corrections.....can I change other stuff

Post by daviscustom »

Just got my paperwork back for correction today. I just abbreviated some things in the engraving info that I can't.

Wondered if I could change other things related to the dimensions of the suppressor while it was here? I was originally planning to do an integral and for some reason I put down a barrel length too. Now I don't plan to do an integral, so I would like to put N/A in the barrel length box. I considered changing the suppressor length too since I plan to do a screw on can now.

Is getting this back in the mail my chance to make other changes besides the corrections?

I didn't get home until after their office was closed, so I won't be able to call them until Tuesday :cry: .
The myopic majority will be our republic's undoing.
zevdogs
Silent But Deadly

Re: Form1 returned for corrections.....can I change other st

Post by zevdogs »

Since it hasn't been approved I'd say yes
CMV
Silent But Deadly

Post by CMV »

Another "leave 4h. blank" learned the hard way. (same way i learned BTW :) )

Call & ask on Tues. I wouldn't want to risk it having to go back in queue if that's their process for changes other than corrections they specify.

Either way, be sure to post a follow-up of how it turns out. Others will want to know the answer.

I'm thinking if you can make fairly significant changes (caliber & length), then get an approved form back within a week or two, it would almost be worthwhile to send one in intentionally jacked up and have it on hand - ready to go for whatever project you're into 8+ months from now. :twisted: With my luck I'd just get a rejected form & $200 check 8 months later...
--------------------------------------

"Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes"
"This board is currently disabled"
These things make me :(
daviscustom
Silent But Deadly

Post by daviscustom »

I think that is the safest thing to wait and call them on Tuesday, but I was hoping someone would know the answer from experience.

I guess I will know in a few days.

I don't want to change calibers, just eliminate an unnecessary barrel length entry .... and maybe shorten the suppressor length.
daviscustom
Silent But Deadly

Post by daviscustom »

Spoke with my examiner yesterday an he said he was fine with me making changes to N/A for the barrel length an shortened the overall length.

Your mileage may very.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

You can change the length of a SBR/SBS as it doesn't affect the registration, just like how you can change uppers without issues.

You can change the length of a silencer that has not been approved.

I have been turned down for wanting to change the caliber of a silencer though.
customcruiser

Post by customcruiser »

when you send it back put the examiners name on the envelope.

also, resign and date it... then you can have a form approved in less than 10 days like me.