3 (or more) lug mount form 1?

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Jmanwit

3 (or more) lug mount form 1?

Post by Jmanwit »

Hi all. Lurked for a while, never posted too much. I have a 14.5" Colt barrel that I'm pinning a Battlecomp 1.5 too. Unfortunately that leaves me with exactly 0 options for a can. Unless I build on of course. 8) I was thinking about different ways to make a QD suppressor attachment for the comp, and the first thought was something along the lines of the NT4 method (slide into the groove in the comp, then slide a ring around to keep locked on. The other concept I have in mind is weld on some "lugs" to the comp and utilize it as the method of attachment. I figure push on and rotate and voila!

I'm a noob, and would love to hear thoughts and suggestions from y'all.
Springfield Armory XD .45 Tactical
Stag/Colt/LMT Franken rifle
Remington 700 SPS Varmint in an AICS
wp6529
Silent Operator

Re: 3 (or more) lug mount form 1?

Post by wp6529 »

Pin a can to it instead, or cough up another tax stamp and SBR it?
Jmanwit

Post by Jmanwit »

Bump? I just don't see any 3 or more lug rifle cans. Is it faulty in the design? what method would be best for this kind of thing? Something like the Griffin or KAC "locking bars" and retention ring?
Springfield Armory XD .45 Tactical
Stag/Colt/LMT Franken rifle
Remington 700 SPS Varmint in an AICS
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
Shift1
Silent But Deadly

Post by Shift1 »

yup...those work well. Issue is if you buy several to move can from host to host, you may run into some tolerance issues from part to part. Twist lock mounts add a good chunk of weight.....have done a couple. Need to be mindful of patents....
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."- Samuel Adams
"LP"