What muzzle threads for 375 Whelen barrel?

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

ranb
Silent But Deadly

What muzzle threads for 375 Whelen barrel?

Post by ranb »

I bought a Pac-Nor 375 Whelen 40 degree improved years ago and put it on a left hand Savage 110. Nearly 6 months after e-filing a form 1 it was approved last week. I'm going to make a smaller version of my 50 BMG design for the 375; 1.625" x 9" all stainless cone and K's with a welded core.

What are the best threads to use? I'm thinking I should go bigger than 5/8-24, something like 3/4-24? Thanks.

Ranb
SilencerTalk was a place I could disccuss making registered silencers without being told I was a criminal. That is no longer true. http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=99273
Baffled
Silent But Deadly

Re: What muzzle threads for 375 Whelen barrel?

Post by Baffled »

Not an expert in materials and pressure, but a 3/4" thread to me sounds like overkill. How about a compromise, a 0.687" thread?

Of course if you go 3/4", there's zero wrong with that. I think that anything above 1/2" will be fine.