7mm08 hole size

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

proneshooternz

7mm08 hole size

Post by proneshooternz »

Hi all :)

For a muzzle-forward monocore suppressor what is the optimum hole size for the 7mm08?

thanks
Tracy
Dr.K
Silent But Deadly

Re: 7mm08 hole size

Post by Dr.K »

I would start at .060" above projectile diameter.

With that generic answer given. I tailor my thru bore based on the concentricity of my cans, but it's likely not as easy to check on a monocore. I've made one very very tight bore on a rim fire can, but it was absolutely perfect on the runout. There was only 15 thou clearance, and I only run it on one gun that also has perfect threading. Even with all that concentricity, some bad ammo would likely mean kissed baffles or endcap.

A proper visual check will let you know if you are gtg. Be sure and show us your final product!
Kyle O.
proneshooternz

Post by proneshooternz »

Thanks Dr. :) I will convert that .060 to metric first though :wink:

and yes will post progress and final pics :)

Tracy
proneshooternz

Post by proneshooternz »

Here is the first stages. I am doing all the lathe work first and making/fitting the end cap which will hold the thing together with five 4mm countersunk capscrews then it goes in the mill to ventilate the core :)

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/e ... directlink