Correct Suppressor Clearance

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators:mpallett, bakerjw

gunny50
Silent But Deadly
Re: Correct Suppressor Clearance

Post by gunny50 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:23 am

daviscustom wrote:There are several folks on here that have been in the industry for quite a while and are willing to help out....if not publicly, via email.
Yes, there are people that are willing to help out as we do know that it is better to help than to have people wondering around and maybe in the end hurt themselves or even worse others.

daviscustom wrote:Gunny50 and Capt. Link are a couple of guys I would recommend paying attention to for starters, but there are several here that are very knowledgeable and helpful.
Thank you for your kind words Mister Davis.
daviscustom wrote:Oh...and as gunny50 said, .060" over caliber size for the bore is the standard answer, but it depends on the tolerances you are able to hold when you make the suppressor. Any big screw-ups along the way and .060" isn't much wiggle room.
It is really easy to make a mistake, if one does not plan all steps and check on things, especially being a beginner or having minimal machining, capacity or experience.
When in doubt, get in contact with people you know to have technical and or machining background to help you out.

Gunny

Grey_Wolf

Re: Correct Suppressor Clearance

Post by Grey_Wolf » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:49 pm

Greetings everyone... new member here, but not new to the site. I've been reading here for a long time, finally singed up and want to say, yu guys keep a great informative site. I'm grateful for the info!

~Grey Wolf