Form1 100% Titanium .22lr suppressor complete...thank you!

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

cpy911
Senior Silent Operator

Form1 100% Titanium .22lr suppressor complete...thank you!

Post by cpy911 »

All,

Thank you for all the help and comments on the design of my Form1 .22lr suppressor. After 9 month of waiting and about 12 months of working with my machinist (yes, it was hard to find time we could do the work together and when I could be on site at his shop with my Form1 in hand), the suppressor is now complete.

The 22/45 lite is almost the perfect host. It is perfectly balanced with the 6.3 oz weight.

It came apart easily after about 200 rounds and I plan to soda blast it to clean it. The baffles have powder deposits on them, probably not need cleaning.

We were shooting in an enclosed 3 wall shed in a forest area, so it was probably extra loud with the sound bouncing off the roof and trees, still no hearing protection was used and no one complained.

I have nothing to compare it to, I have never heard another one in real life. It sounds like my air nail gun, maybe a little quieter. I was shooting bulk supersonic ammo. (The kind you can't seem to buy anymore!)

Every so often, I could hear a bullet go supersonic, don't know why, but so it goes.

I am really sold on suppressors. It is fun to not wear ear protection and hear the sounds the bullets make.

Thanks to the group for all the help. There are a bunch of regulars here that helped answer several questions. This was a real fun project, even though it took forever.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6d2qvN ... SuD-SDZDeg

Picture of the guts... NEED TO CLEAN IT!

Last edited by cpy911 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CMV
Silent But Deadly

Re: Form1 100% Titanium .22lr suppressor complete...thank yo

Post by CMV »

Nice.

Try the $1.90 SuperTech carb cleaner from Wally World in the black, white & blue can. I use that & their brake cleaner for a lot of general degreasing but it works well on carbon messes too. Might be easier than blasting.
--------------------------------------

"Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes"
"This board is currently disabled"
These things make me :(