9mm blueprint + questions

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

JohnMatrix

9mm blueprint + questions

Post by JohnMatrix »

Hi,

with form 1 and metals in hand, id like to get a 2nd opinion before i begin machining.
here is the build i'm working on for 9mm:

-2024 AL tubing .08 wall thickness encasing a 7075 AL monocore with .012 clearance, and steel endcaps.
-5mm thick baffle/ chamber walls
- was thinking of just doing simple V shaped baffles, would another pattern be better? (in a manual mill/lathe)
-10mm bore
-was thinking of putting some pins in the end of each end cap so i could lock them in so they dont come unscrewed

questions i have:
-How large of a space between baffles?
-Is V baffle fine?
-does my blastchamber sizing/design look alright?
-Should the end cap that is farthest from the muzzle thread into the core like i have shown, or should i thread it around the outside of the core?

*ANY* additional concerns/comments/thoughts/tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys !

Dr.K
Silent But Deadly

Re: 9mm blueprint + questions

Post by Dr.K »

Seems heavy from what i gather via the diagram..

Why not k-baffles? Also anywhere you use steel, I'd use titanium.

What platform would you use this on? If a dropping block action, you'll require a booster.

If a rifle, a simple threaded design, possibly beefier design if doing full auto stuff.
Kyle O.
ChimeraPrecision
Silent But Deadly

Re: 9mm blueprint + questions

Post by ChimeraPrecision »

just so you know, bluing offers almost no corrosion resistance.

I would recommend stainless for the caps
Keep calm, and suppress on