Walther P22 barrel wrench needed

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Walther P22 barrel wrench needed

Post by hardcase »

To get the threaded adapter snugged up requires a special barrel wrench. When I bought my pistol, it didn't have the wrench. I got the existing barrel extension off with a leather strap and channel locks. Still scratched it a bit. I don't want to bugger up my new threaded adapter. I looked on Brownell's. No luck. Any ideas on where to get one? I can take and post a picture of the barrel if needed. It looks like it would take a simple, very thin open end type wrench.
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Re: Walther P22 barrel wrench needed

Post by Jt.kline19 »

hardcase wrote:To get the threaded adapter snugged up requires a special barrel wrench. When I bought my pistol, it didn't have the wrench. I got the existing barrel extension off with a leather strap and channel locks. Still scratched it a bit. I don't want to bugger up my new threaded adapter. I looked on Brownell's. No luck. Any ideas on where to get one? I can take and post a picture of the barrel if needed. It looks like it would take a simple, very thin open end type wrench.
http://www.swarfworks.com/wrench_purchase.php
this should help
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

Jt.kline19 wrote:
hardcase wrote:To get the threaded adapter snugged up requires a special barrel wrench. When I bought my pistol, it didn't have the wrench. I got the existing barrel extension off with a leather strap and channel locks. Still scratched it a bit. I don't want to bugger up my new threaded adapter. I looked on Brownell's. No luck. Any ideas on where to get one? I can take and post a picture of the barrel if needed. It looks like it would take a simple, very thin open end type wrench.
http://www.swarfworks.com/wrench_purchase.php
this should help
Great info. Silencer Talk has come through again. :D :D I've got two ordered, backordered but that is OK.
tlw613sp

Post by tlw613sp »

Or you could get a cheap 10mm wrench and take a grinder to it to thin it. That's what I did for mine.
upjeeper

Post by upjeeper »

maybe a cone wrench for a bicycle? check a local bicycle repair shop?
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

upjeeper wrote:maybe a cone wrench for a bicycle? check a local bicycle repair shop?
+1

You can also try:

<< http://www.parktool.com/search?query=&a ... one+wrench >>

A proper Cone Wrench set made life so easy when I needed to do fast road work on my racing
bike ... long ago before the knees handed in their retirement papers. :)

A chest full of Park Tools caused a major, but so satisfying, dent in a tool-junky's wallet ... but they are so beautiful to
see, handle, and use.
Nanook49

Post by Nanook49 »

Sears for a metric ignition wrench set.
Dfarm

Post by Dfarm »

tlw613sp wrote:Or you could get a cheap 10mm wrench and take a grinder to it to thin it. That's what I did for mine.
This was my answer when the pos stamped wrench opened up on me.
Silence is golden, Duct tape is silver