GSG 1911 AD ops

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Nanook49

GSG 1911 AD ops

Post by Nanook49 »

Hello, looking for some advice, I recently purchased a GSG 1911 AD OPS. Which is a GSG copy of a 1911 in 22 caliber. That comes with a rail, threaded barrel and a fake suppressor. I have gotten a trust thru 199trust.com for 99 dollars and filed out 2 form 1 applications. 1 for a 45 to be used with my 45 ACP barreled Mauser that I am putting together, as well as on my 300 Blackout. The other stamp is for a 22. The question I have is has anybody turned the fake suppressor into a real one ? or am I better off buying a adapter to turn the M9 X .75 threaded barrel into 1/2 X 28. and build a suppressor threaded to 1/2 X 28 ? and if I build it to that should I over build and use on my Ar in 223 ? Though truth fully I have no desire to suppress the .223 only by 300 Blackout. I am thinking for 22 using aluminum K baffles in a 8 inch long 1 inch OD with .065 wall. using stainless end caps threaded 28 TPI and .75 inch engagement. Really would like any ideas on using the supplied tube, thus avoiding a adapter. ( the barrel is not externally threaded as far as the threads being past the slide. the slide runs over the threads so suppressor needs a tube feeding into it acting as a barrel sleeve inside the slide. )
zrtactical

Re: GSG 1911 AD ops

Post by zrtactical »

I own a company that specializes in these pistols. I would not try to adapt the zinc fake can into a real suppressor. It won't last and will probably erode away from the gas. I would advise getting a thread adapter and a can made of vetted materials. Not trying to push our products, just saving you some heartache when the cast zinc faux can falls apart. Plus, if you ever want to run the can on another weapon, you wouldn't be able to. I would be worried about cramming K's into the shell and it's not very long either. I've run 10's of thousands of rounds through GSG's with the adapters. They work great!

Nanook49

Post by Nanook49 »

Thank you for your reply. That is what I was thinking. I will ditch the fake. Order myself a adapter and build myself one that will see double duty on my Ar in 223. Anybody have any suggestions concerning my idea of of using a 1 inch alluminum tube .065 thick. Stainless 304 end cap and blast chamber but aluminum K baffles for reamainder of tube.
grrifles

Post by grrifles »

Sounds fine to me.. Will not work for 223
Nanook49

Post by Nanook49 »

What would I need to change to make it compatible with 223 ? other than going totally stainless ? How about increasing tube OD to 1.5 but still leave it at .065 wall thickness.