Baffle material

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Rifle 57

Baffle material

Post by Rifle 57 »

Hi to all here this is my first post here. I have been a looker for a while and I just got my two F-1 form's back last week so I can get started now. I have three lathes and a good Bridgeport type mill and all kind's of tooling and some good machine time working on rifle's for about 15 years now so I should not have to much trouble making a suppressor I think anyway.I am not sure yet what all material that I will be using yet, but I do have some stainless seamless tube that I might use for the outer tube. I will probably thread the end caps to the tube I think. I have a lot of 416 barrel steel stubs in the shop that I thought I would try to use for the baffle's ,Do you guy's think that will work for a .223 and a 30 cal can ?
Thanks Loren
john.t.little1
Silent But Deadly

Re: Baffle material

Post by john.t.little1 »

do you have 1.5" OD barrel stubs??
"A man is known by the silence he keeps. - Oliver Herford"
"Gunpowder, treason and plot. I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot..."
Rifle 57

Post by Rifle 57 »

I don't know about 1.5 but I might have some 1.450 . I will look and see what I have John.
john.t.little1
Silent But Deadly

Post by john.t.little1 »

If you have 1.45 that'll work and as far as using 416 I don't see a problem in it.
"A man is known by the silence he keeps. - Oliver Herford"
"Gunpowder, treason and plot. I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot..."
Rifle 57

Post by Rifle 57 »

john.t.little1 wrote:If you have 1.45 that'll work and as far as using 416 I don't see a problem in it.
PM sent John