6 inch tactical muzzle brake on e-bay

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

van37725

6 inch tactical muzzle brake on e-bay

Post by van37725 »

Anyone else seen the "6 inch tactical muzzle brake" on e-bay? It's flat out a mono core. This should be under the do it your self felony section.
CMV
Silent But Deadly

Re: 6 inch tactical muzzle brake on e-bay

Post by CMV »

Doesn't look like it would be a good core or muzzle brake. Just looks like a waste of $250 to me.
--------------------------------------

"Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes"
"This board is currently disabled"
These things make me :(
theserxtremedays

Post by theserxtremedays »

Wow I wonder how long that will last before the ATF pays him a visit? I agree that isn't worth anywhere close to what he wants for that.
van37725

Post by van37725 »

Old style, inefficient, monocore. I'm sure the ATF is watching the sales of this guy.
theserxtremedays

van37725 wrote:Old style, inefficient, monocore. I'm sure the ATF is watching the sales of this guy.

You say its inefficient what about this style?

I was considering this design for my .30 cal build but I am all ears if this is a foolish choice and I would be better served with a non monocore baffle like a K baffle etc.
van37725

Post by van37725 »

I'm not an expert, but I do listen when they speak. My research tells me they would recommend stepped, clipped cones for a 30 cal, unless you are only going to shoot subs through it.
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

That core was designed for a rimfire and success on a larger caliber is unlikely.Smooth clipped cones is one of the better choices you can do.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
theserxtremedays

Thanks I know it was a bit off topic I will look at some different designs i had seen.