so when can you change the design of a form 1 can?

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

BearTHIS
Silent Operator

so when can you change the design of a form 1 can?

Post by BearTHIS »

So it's accepted that you can't experiment on a form 1. Let's say you're turning some baffles and you make a mistake... Can't you toss the mistake and start over? While we're at it, how in the world could you possibly end up in the clink for destroying a baffle (after use) and turning a new one if you never are in possession of both at the same time? How could anyone possibly prove you did what you did (I'm being perfectly honest, I know it's not considered legit but I can't wrap my head around how this could ever end up being someone's downfall in a court of law unless they were immensely retarded, a jury/judge was immensely retarded, etc provided they destroyed said baffle prior to turning a new one... And of course, weren't immensely retarded).
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Re: so when can you change the design of a form 1 can?

Post by a_canadian »

Immensely retarded... as evidenced by advertising the fact of your actions in a public forum? Not that that is what you're doing, obviously. But it does seem likely that one of the better ways to avoid prosecution for little private mistakes and actions related to those mistakes would be by keeping them to oneself. Utterly.
Pat M
Silent But Deadly

Re: so when can you change the design of a form 1 can?

Post by Pat M »

Like shooting a Grizz - STFU!