Exact Metals, is it a legit company?

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

ken226
Silent Operator

Exact Metals, is it a legit company?

Post by ken226 »

I ordered some steel from them a couple weeks ago. It hasn't shown up yet so a couple days ago I tried sending them an email. Yesterday I sent another email, and tried to call them, and also tried to call a couple times today.

The phone number on their website goes strait to a repeating recording "mailbox 114" over and over and no reply to any emails. I'm thinking I might have got hosed by a Nigerian prince or something! Anyone else dealt with them before?

It wasn't a very big order, and i paid with Paypal, so its not a big deal. I'll either get my order or the money back.

They had 1.625 4130 bar where most places don't. I was pretty stoked to find a source. It would be nice if they're legit and have just been having a simultaneous phone/email failure for the last 4 days.

http://www.exactmetals.com/index.php?route=common/home
02/07 FFL-SOT
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Exact Metals, is it a legit company?

Post by Bendersquint »

ken226 wrote: They had 1.625 4130 bar where most places don't. I was pretty stoked to find a source.
^^^^^^ Usually an indicator.

I have never heard of them before personally.
BCJ
Senior Silent Operator

Post by BCJ »

Onlinemetals has 1.625 round bar in 4130. I bought some two weeks ago. Its $39 per foot though
ken226
Silent Operator

Post by ken226 »

Yea, I saw that online metals has it but I was too cheap to pay that much. I guess 39.00 per foot for steel would have been better that paying 25.00 per foot for nothing.

I did find a thread with the name "Exact Metals" in it here. I'm pretty sure its the same place.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=100400&hilit=exact+metals
02/07 FFL-SOT
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

ken226 wrote:Yea, I saw that online metals has it but I was too cheap to pay that much. I guess 39.00 per foot for steel would have been better that paying 25.00 per foot for nothing.

I did find a thread with the name "Exact Metals" in it here. I'm pretty sure its the same place.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=100400&hilit=exact+metals
At the time of that post they didn't have a website presence, just an Ebay(according to my notes) so I didn't associate the 2 as possibly being the same company.
Morgan
Silent Operator

Post by Morgan »

If it's any help, Aircraft Spruce has reasonably priced 1.5 and overpriced 1.75 bar. Their tubing is very reasonable and they sell by the foot. Their shipping is also very reasonable.
Sealtee

Post by Sealtee »

I have dealt with Exact Metals and have bought aluminum from them in the past. I just looked and they are no longer registered on eBay. This is where I got my 4130 from on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4130-Chromoly-N ... 648wt_1125

Hope that helps!

-Regards
Hangman15

Post by Hangman15 »

I have bought 4130 round bar and tubing from this place. Great price and shipping. 1" diameter is$9.50 per foot.
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/ ... 130rod.php
I Live in Fear and Danger Everyday but Occasionally I Leave Her and Go SHOOTING.
CMV
Silent But Deadly

Post by CMV »

http://www.stockcarsteel.com/

I like these guys for a lot of stuff. Reasonable prices & shipping is typically overnight to me since I'm close to them.
--------------------------------------

"Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes"
"This board is currently disabled"
These things make me :(
Sealtee

Post by Sealtee »

CMV wrote:http://www.stockcarsteel.com/

I like these guys for a lot of stuff. Reasonable prices & shipping is typically overnight to me since I'm close to them.
Yep that's the same people I referenced, only on eBay! Fast shipping and a nice product!

-Regards
ken226
Silent Operator

Post by ken226 »

Paypal credited the money back to my account this morning. I'm not sure whats going on with Exact Metals, they never responded to paypal's emails either. I guess all's well that ends well.

I ordered and received some 4140 1.625 round rod from Speedy Metals for 23.00 per foot. They shipped very quickly. I guess ill be using 4140 instead of 4130 from now on for front and rear end caps.
02/07 FFL-SOT