Gemtech Halo quick attatchment

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

colimr

Gemtech Halo quick attatchment

Post by colimr »

Has anyone built a connector like the HALO to use on their form 1? I can't find any information anywhere on the specs for the way it connects to the A2 flash hider.I have looked at the US patent site and the HALO is referenced to by other mounts but the patent is apparently pending for the HALO.MadBull the airsoft mfg has a licensed copy of the Gemtech HALO for the airsoft aeg's so there must be specs or measurements for it.I would like to know more about the attachment because it seems like it would be an interesting project to build (JUST the attachment hardware) Unless it is considered an NFA item, and see if it could be adapted to use as a stand alone unit to market and patent.I am so bored due to the snow and getting cabin fever so I need an interesting project and I am just too cheap to buy the airsoft unit and copy the mount that just doesn't feel proper and Ive exhausted my web searches I have even tried the European patent site no luck .Thank You
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Gemtech Halo quick attatchment

Post by Bendersquint »

colimr wrote:Has anyone built a connector like the HALO to use on their form 1? I can't find any information anywhere on the specs for the way it connects to the A2 flash hider.I have looked at the US patent site and the HALO is referenced to by other mounts but the patent is apparently pending for the HALO.MadBull the airsoft mfg has a licensed copy of the Gemtech HALO for the airsoft aeg's so there must be specs or measurements for it.I would like to know more about the attachment because it seems like it would be an interesting project to build (JUST the attachment hardware) Unless it is considered an NFA item, and see if it could be adapted to use as a stand alone unit to market and patent.I am so bored due to the snow and getting cabin fever so I need an interesting project and I am just too cheap to buy the airsoft unit and copy the mount that just doesn't feel proper and Ive exhausted my web searches I have even tried the European patent site no luck .Thank You
The HALO mount is patented so you won't be bringing anything to market like it anytime soon.

If madbull is making it under license then GemTech probably gave them the specs under NDA, you won't find official specs anywhere for it though.
colimr

Re: Gemtech Halo quick attatchment

Post by colimr »

Thank you for replying.I had hope that just the suppressor was that patent and because the mount was referenced on the patent site by others like surefire that is was fair game.It does seem like a simple mounting system I wondered why you builders didn't use it .I guess i wont be the next Bill Gates then Thank you