Trident ( Locking Ring

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Harley-Mac

Trident ( Locking Ring

Post by Harley-Mac »

I was thinking of jailbreaking my T9 and I need some info on the locking ring. Ive been looking at some pictures and video of this jailbreaking process and I see that there is the locking ring with slots on it on the video. I looked my Trident, serial number in the 900's and I do not see this slotted locking ring to also remove during the jailbreak but all I see is the blast baffle with no slots on it or the slotted locking ring. Now, does the blast baffle un screw like the locking ring? I believe I can disassemble the cans end cap with some hi heat and a home made tool to insert and engage the inner slots of the endcap to have some good leverage to unscrew it. Any ideas are appreciated.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Trident ( Locking Ring

Post by Bendersquint »

Harley-Mac wrote:I was thinking of jailbreaking my T9 and I need some info on the locking ring. Ive been looking at some pictures and video of this jailbreaking process and I see that there is the locking ring with slots on it on the video. I looked my Trident, serial number in the 900's and I do not see this slotted locking ring to also remove during the jailbreak but all I see is the blast baffle with no slots on it or the slotted locking ring. Now, does the blast baffle un screw like the locking ring? I believe I can disassemble the cans end cap with some hi heat and a home made tool to insert and engage the inner slots of the endcap to have some good leverage to unscrew it. Any ideas are appreciated.
We are up to 11 Tridents that have been attempted the way you describe, ALL damaged the Trident.

3 in the queue thanks to LJ's video as well.

The can was already cracked prior to the video.

The adhesives take ALOT longer to loosen, not the 5 seconds he torched it in one spot, and even then it is difficult to remove the endcap. We tried it on a throwaway Trident and it took almost 20 minutes to melt the adhesive.

Not to mention the fact that no core EVER just comes out like that, ESPECIALLY a Trident core, unless its unfired......majority need an arbor press to even make the stack move.
Harley-Mac

Post by Harley-Mac »

well you helped me decide that one. i will be contacting you after the holidays. do you use all the factory internals including the blast baffle? and does it stay round the factory db rateing? ive done lots of research on this and your name comes up in every avenue and you do an awesome job from what ive seen. i will contact you after the holidays. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year SRI
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Harley-Mac wrote:well you helped me decide that one. i will be contacting you after the holidays. do you use all the factory internals including the blast baffle? and does it stay round the factory db rateing? ive done lots of research on this and your name comes up in every avenue and you do an awesome job from what ive seen. i will contact you after the holidays. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year SRI
We use all the factory baffles.

The dB rating does not change.

Thank you for the compliments and hope you have a merry holiday season! :)