atf online form 1 help for self manufactured silencer

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

oneindianrider

atf online form 1 help for self manufactured silencer

Post by oneindianrider »

Trying this morning to get two self manufactured silencers thru the form 1 online with my new trust and somewhere I read an article to help to do this
The problem right now is how do I put that I made it, because under add a firearm and it wants a mfg name and I cant get past that part.
I have googled till my hands hurt and still no luck
Thanks
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Re: atf online form 1 help for self manufactured silencer

Post by 66427vette »

You already made them? Just now doing form 1? Hide the dog.
oneindianrider

Post by oneindianrider »

NO they aren't made just the designs and lengths and serial numbers and calipers
Elkins45
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Elkins45 »

If you are creating the firearm yourself, such as a silencer or a short barreled rifle (when finishing a receiver that is not yet a firearm), there is no original manufacturer. Because of the large number of makers (which includes filings by trusts), we do not issue a specific code to each maker. Instead, we use a generic code of FMI to denote a Form 1 registration. Thus, when submitting an eForm 1 where there is no original manufacturer, on the line item screen, a window for the entry of manufacturer is opened after clicking the Add Firearm button. At this point, the applicant should click the “By Manufacturer Code’ button and enter FMI as the manufacturer code and click Verify. The applicant will then select the United States as the country of manufacture and proceed to the description screen. Please note that ‘FORM 1 REGISTRATION’ will appear as the name of the maker on the PDF of the eForm 1. Again, the applicant is the maker and registrant for purposes of the NFA and must mark the firearm.
CMV
Silent But Deadly

Post by CMV »

Read the sticky at the top of this board. SRS put up a good tutorial.
--------------------------------------

"Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes"
"This board is currently disabled"
These things make me :(
oneindianrider

Post by oneindianrider »

Thanks SOOO much
That is what I couldn't figure out
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

Elkins45 wrote:
If you are creating the firearm yourself, such as a silencer or a short barreled rifle (when finishing a receiver that is not yet a firearm), there is no original manufacturer. Because of the large number of makers (which includes filings by trusts), we do not issue a specific code to each maker. Instead, we use a generic code of FMI to denote a Form 1 registration. Thus, when submitting an eForm 1 where there is no original manufacturer, on the line item screen, a window for the entry of manufacturer is opened after clicking the Add Firearm button. At this point, the applicant should click the “By Manufacturer Code’ button and enter FMI as the manufacturer code and click Verify. The applicant will then select the United States as the country of manufacture and proceed to the description screen. Please note that ‘FORM 1 REGISTRATION’ will appear as the name of the maker on the PDF of the eForm 1. Again, the applicant is the maker and registrant for purposes of the NFA and must mark the firearm.
This is how to do it plus I attach a one sentence MS Word document clarifying that this is a suppressor being made for the benefit of the trust to get it out of Pending Research quicker...
oneindianrider

Post by oneindianrider »

Thanks and any more help or advise I will keep reading then will finish all my paperwork and get one at a time submitted Monday
I could find lots of information on the paper side of filing but not much on the aft online part
Thanks again to you all and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

oneindianrider wrote:Thanks and any more help or advise I will keep reading then will finish all my paperwork and get one at a time submitted Monday
I could find lots of information on the paper side of filing but not much on the aft online part
Thanks again to you all and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
One other thing to note is that the "Model" is optional for a Form 1 build. If you do enter one, it must be engraved along with the other required information...
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent Operator

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

I just tried it and if you list the code of FMI I have not figured out how to list a unique model name. I see the name of a previous suppressor I F1d but I cannot create a new one.
It is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth-and listen to the song of that siren, till she transforms us into beasts

Patrick Henry
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote:I just tried it and if you list the code of FMI I have not figured out how to list a unique model name. I see the name of a previous suppressor I F1d but I cannot create a new one.
After you input FMI check the "My item description is not in the list, create new item." box, and that will unlock the Model and Caliber fields...
oneindianrider

Post by oneindianrider »

Thank you so much for the help
I got it all submitted and hopefully it will all go thru quickly. I just submitted only one and will wait to see how it goes before I try the second and third and ............
propeine
Silent But Deadly

Post by propeine »

oneindianrider wrote:Thank you so much for the help
I got it all submitted and hopefully it will all go thru quickly. I just submitted only one and will wait to see how it goes before I try the second and third and ............
I just did the same last month. 40 days from submit to approval. Now I'm filing 3 more this weekend. Good luck!
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent Operator

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

AlabamaPaul wrote:
Dolomite_Supafly wrote:I just tried it and if you list the code of FMI I have not figured out how to list a unique model name. I see the name of a previous suppressor I F1d but I cannot create a new one.
After you input FMI check the "My item description is not in the list, create new item." box, and that will unlock the Model and Caliber fields...
Thanks so much, I am about to build another 22 can.
It is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth-and listen to the song of that siren, till she transforms us into beasts

Patrick Henry