SDTA DID IT...YHM ADAPTERS FOR FORM 1 Builders

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Capt Beach

SDTA DID IT...YHM ADAPTERS FOR FORM 1 Builders

Post by Capt Beach »

SDTA has made and has for sale on there website YHM THREAD ADAPTERS for their D tubes for form one builders...$40...
noisecatcher
Silent Operator

Re: SDTA DID IT...YHM ADAPTERS FOR FORM 1 Builders

Post by noisecatcher »

I feel like they are going to make more than this first batch. My guess is they sell out pretty quickly. Having a QD mount on a form 1 used to be only for the guys who had expensive machines and the skill to run them. I know the solvent trap route doesn't get a lot of love because you are basically an assembler that drilled a couple holes. But I think it's a good thing that the form1 community is growing. Every person who has to buy a tax stamp is most likely a person who will vote for people that will work to remove suppressors from the NFA so I say welcome everyone who wants to play by the rules. Who knows maybe one day we'll get as ate up as the more experienced people on here buy some machines develop the skills and make our own epic creations of noise defeating muzzle devices.
Mueller

Post by Mueller »

noisecatcher wrote:Having a QD mount on a form 1 used to be only for the guys who had expensive machines and the skill to run them. I know the solvent trap route doesn't get a lot of love because you are basically an assembler that drilled a couple holes. But I think it's a good thing that the form1 community is growing. Every person who has to buy a tax stamp is most likely a person who will vote for people that will work to remove suppressors from the NFA so I say welcome everyone who wants to play by the rules. Who knows maybe one day we'll get as ate up as the more experienced people on here buy some machines develop the skills and make our own epic creations of noise defeating muzzle devices.

Couldn't agree more. I see both sides of the coin here but like you said,... The more the marrier.
mhidpa
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mhidpa »

As someone who has made a form 1 QD can using the YHM mount, I'd pay $40 for it instead of making another.
noisecatcher
Silent Operator

Post by noisecatcher »

mhidpa wrote:As someone who has made a form 1 QD can using the YHM mount, I'd pay $40 for it instead of making another.
Yeah I was trying to figure this out without a lathe it was going to be difficult. I was going to buy one of their thread protectors get a shoulder cut into it then get whatever I was going to use as a end piece bore a hole in it press in the thread protector, then weld it together. The draw back is I'm stuck using whatever material the thread protector is made of, which could be aluminum and may not have the longevity I want.
Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still.
WhisperFan
Silent But Deadly

Post by WhisperFan »

My YHM thread protector is AL ... and I did the Acme threads on my form-1 .... I would have bought one of these, had they been available :D
As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwilling victims of the darkness.
Justice William O. Douglas
Capt Beach

Post by Capt Beach »

The SDTA YHM ADAPTER has been a HUGE success...sold out the initial production run of 90 in just a few days...another run of 100 will be built next week...you can preorder by calling Amy...if enough ask we might get Ti too...
airsix

Post by airsix »

mhidpa wrote:As someone who has made a form 1 QD can using the YHM mount, I'd pay $40 for it instead of making another.

But.... I acquired a great education in the process of making mine. That's the story I keep telling myself. :lol: