Safe or no?

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

rqlasl
Silent But Deadly

Safe or no?

Post by rqlasl »

I am looking at the 300 blackout rifle Cabelas has for sale right now.

Using Subsonic loads ONLY will it be safe to use my .45 form 1 can on a 300 blackout with a 16.12 inch barrel?........
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly

Re: Safe or no?

Post by delta9mda »

without knowing how your can was made there is no way to answer this.
NP
rqlasl
Silent But Deadly

Post by rqlasl »

I have fired .44mag thru it without issue.I just cant find a pressure chart to research the pressure of a 300 blk sub compared to a .44 mag...........viewtopic.php?f=10&t=96658 This is my can
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

rqlasl wrote:I have fired .44mag thru it without issue.I just cant find a pressure chart to research the pressure of a 300 blk sub compared to a .44 mag...........viewtopic.php?f=10&t=96658 This is my can
if you fired 44mag through it then you are fine with 300subs.
CMV
Silent But Deadly

Post by CMV »

Most likely yes - just make sure you're stabilizing the bullets well. Twist rate will be a factor in those longer bullets with heavier weights.

10.9gr of A1680 with a 220gr SMK bullet loaded to mag length is a pretty common 300BLK sub load & what I use. My 1:8 stabilizes it just fine. Probably right around 1.5x the pressure of a typical 230gr .45ACP load so it's pretty mild.
--------------------------------------

"Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes"
"This board is currently disabled"
These things make me :(