Couple of form 1 questions

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

blkcloud

Couple of form 1 questions

Post by blkcloud »

4A.. name and location of original manufacture..
I own my machine shop but its not at my house and it has a business name..
if I fill in.. "abc machine and tool," do I need to somewhere explain that I own the company or should I just put my home address?

4 I... why I intend to make firearm?
I'm making a silencer..not a firearm.. do I need to write.. "to kill deer in my soybean field without alerting the neighbors??" or something like..so I can target shoot with out ear protection?
Price

Re: Couple of form 1 questions

Post by Price »

Unless the machine shop will own the silencer, the maker is you (or your trust) and the address is where the silencer will live.

Reason for making: "Any Lawful Purpose" always worked for me. Unless you live in a state where you must give a specific reason, then look up the state's law to see what the valid reasons are and pick one.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Couple of form 1 questions

Post by Bendersquint »

blkcloud wrote:4A.. name and location of original manufacture..
I own my machine shop but its not at my house and it has a business name..
if I fill in.. "abc machine and tool," do I need to somewhere explain that I own the company or should I just put my home address?

4 I... why I intend to make firearm?
I'm making a silencer..not a firearm.. do I need to write.. "to kill deer in my soybean field without alerting the neighbors??" or something like..so I can target shoot with out ear protection?
4A - YOUR information goes in this block. Your name and your city/state goes in there.

4 - You ARE making a firearm.....the ATF classifies silencers as firearms.

I would put "All Lawful Purposes" unless your state has another requirement for the justification statement.