Form 1 for existing silencer

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

hk940

Form 1 for existing silencer

Post by hk940 »

Is it possible to apply for a form 1 silencer build for a existing unregistered silencer?
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Re: Form 1 for existing silencer

Post by YugoRPK »

Before you get jumped for asking something real stupid lets examine why you would get jumped. If I say " I have an illegal machine gun I'd like to register " it wouldnt make any difference that I couldnt possibly legally register it. Its still an illegal machinegun. If I say "I have a Vietnamese gimp living in my basement and we want to get married but he's an illegal alien. Can I get married to him even though he is chained to the floor?". Still illegal.

If you say " I have an illegal silencer, can I form 1 it ". The short and legal answer is NO and stop asking incriminating questions on open forums and bringing uncalled for attention to the hobby. It's generally considered bad form to incriminate yourself. Now, it is true you have skirted actual incrimination with your question but only by a little. Knock it off Francis.

The other answer woud be...How would anyone know unless you told them? Discretion being the better part of valor. Still. Knock it off.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulliautomatix »

Wait just a minute, what do you mean I can't marry my Vietnamese gimp?? I have a deposit on a cake, and have the VFW rented already. Would it make a difference if I re-document the gimp as Laotian?
Speak softly, and carry a big stick.
noisecatcher
Silent Operator

Post by noisecatcher »

YugoRPK wrote:Before you get jumped for asking something real stupid lets examine why you would get jumped. If I say " I have an illegal machine gun I'd like to register " it wouldnt make any difference that I couldnt possibly legally register it. Its still an illegal machinegun. If I say "I have a Vietnamese gimp living in my basement and we want to get married but he's an illegal alien. Can I get married to him even though he is chained to the floor?". Still illegal.

If you say " I have an illegal silencer, can I form 1 it ". The short and legal answer is NO and stop asking incriminating questions on open forums and bringing uncalled for attention to the hobby. It's generally considered bad form to incriminate yourself. Now, it is true you have skirted actual incrimination with your question but only by a little. Knock it off Francis.

The other answer woud be...How would anyone know unless you told them? Discretion being the better part of valor. Still. Knock it off.
Yes this. If you don't post pics of you with it on your Face book and you were able to get an approved form one before the alphabet boys kick your door in and shoot your dog for posting stupid stuff like this the burden to prove which came first would be theirs.
Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still.
sillycon
Silent But Deadly

Post by sillycon »

YugoRPK wrote:If I say "I have a Vietnamese gimp living in my basement and we want to get married but he's an illegal alien. Can I get married to him even though he is chained to the floor?". Still illegal.
Actually, you CAN marry an illegal alien - and if you're a citizen their legal status will be overlooked/forgiven if they apply for a green card (they also don't have to wait for a visa number to be issued in order to get a green card either).

:shock:
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

sillycon wrote:
YugoRPK wrote:If I say "I have a Vietnamese gimp living in my basement and we want to get married but he's an illegal alien. Can I get married to him even though he is chained to the floor?". Still illegal.
Actually, you CAN marry an illegal alien - and if you're a citizen their legal status will be overlooked/forgiven if they apply for a green card (they also don't have to wait for a visa number to be issued in order to get a green card either).

But you cannot keep a chained up illegal alien gimp your basement unless you both agree and/or it is your illegal alien gimp employee in which case you will need to provide proof you are not violating 8 U.S. Code § 1324a
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
sillycon
Silent But Deadly

Post by sillycon »

Mere technicalities!

:lol:
hk940

Post by hk940 »

OK I deserve the response I got.
Thank you all. My question has been answered. End of topic, unless some one else wants to jump in.
rqlasl
Silent But Deadly

Post by rqlasl »

No
[email protected]
Silent But Deadly

Post by [email protected] »

YugoRPK wrote:
sillycon wrote:

But you cannot keep a chained up illegal alien gimp your basement unless you both agree and/or it is your illegal alien gimp employee in which case you will need to provide proof you are not violating 8 U.S. Code § 1324a
I think we've all been in that situation before right guys?