Titanium G-Core silencers

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

gunny50
Silent But Deadly

Titanium G-Core silencers

Post by gunny50 »

Gents,
There are several Manufacturers that make a MONOCORE silencer.
Not all are take apart not all are all Ti. some use Inconell Blast baffle / Chambers etc etc.
Getting the right Ti Tube over here is a big problem.
Most manufacturers use different designs for different caliber groups.

Gemtech came out with a new titanium G-Core silencer.

Looked at all kind of internet pictures. its used from 22 all the way up to their rugged models in 300 WM.

Question is are there any users here that use that silencer and what do you think about it.

Gunny
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Re: Titanium G-Core silencers

Post by whiterussian1974 »

From coworkers I've heard that it's an OK gen purpose centerfire design. However, rimfire isn't so good. Lack of blast baffle means repeated FRP.

Also, better suited to rapid fire platforms like ARs b/c no backpressure problem. Whereas bolt actions perform better w dedicated designs.

Overall, a good Entry level Gen Pur design for multiple platforms. But better designs exist for increased performance on specific hosts.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
Parkus412

Post by Parkus412 »

Gunny,
i do have a GM-22 and it is very quiet. i've used it on my pistol and 10/22. On the 10/22, all i hear is the action very pleased. However, the baffles can be difficult to remove for cleaning if too much carbon builds up from lack of cleaning or not using fire clean before first use.

Now buyer beware, I recently bought (1/5/16) a GMT-300 because of "claimed" db drop (39), titanium, serviceability & experience with GM-22. I CONFRONTED Gemtech, today as i saw they changed the claimed drop from 39 to 28 db. WTF, the response was "we retested using mil standards" thus lead to new 28 db claim. Can one say false advertising. Why the F didn't they use that standard from the start. Now i potentially could be stuck with a can that is only for the 300b/o. Truth be told, i would never buy a single caliber can on 28 db drop. I would have found a more versatile option.

Very Pissed

CC
Wicked
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wicked »

I would NEVER, ever have believed a 39db reduction, especially based off only the manufacturer's claim. And without reference to the specific testing protocol? Not a chance.

If it sounds too good.......
https://www.facebook.com/wickedweapons