Locking LID?

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

alordnapa
Silent But Deadly

Locking LID?

Post by alordnapa »

I am just wondering if anyone has ever built a Linear Inertial Device that can be "locked" to act as a breech lock for a more "hush puppy" type of application. It seems like this would be a lot easier to do than installing a slide lock.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Locking LID?

Post by Bendersquint »

alordnapa wrote:I am just wondering if anyone has ever built a Linear Inertial Device that can be "locked" to act as a breech lock for a more "hush puppy" type of application. It seems like this would be a lot easier to do than installing a slide lock.
Check out the design AWC uses, its specifically setup to eliminate cycling. I have it on my AWC Nexus45 from many many moons ago, it works.

I will say that there is SOME movement and that the slide lock is a better option.
gunny50
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunny50 »

http://www.google.com/patents/US20120279381

just one of the solutions.

Gunny
alordnapa
Silent But Deadly

Post by alordnapa »

Thanks! Ever since I was a tad of a lad, I was told if you need to find something out, find a Gunny!

Allen
sizulku
Silent Operator

Post by sizulku »

alordnapa wrote:Thanks! Ever since I was a tad of a lad, I was told if you need to find something out, find a Gunny!

Allen
+1
gunny50
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunny50 »

gunny50 wrote:http://www.google.com/patents/US20120279381

just one of the solutions.

Gunny

And another one. " made in Germany"

Gunny