Form 1 Mac-10 2 Stage

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

mikabika45

Form 1 Mac-10 2 Stage

Post by mikabika45 »

Hi, guys,

I just joined this forum, and been searching for some answers to a form 1 build. I just got my form 1 back, and have started the build. I submitted the old Mac-10 2 stage suppressor design, and have a few questions that I cant seem to find answers to here, maybe someone can enlighten me. I know there are much better designs out there, but I wanted the classic mac 2 stage. So here are my questions:

1. The wipe design on this, is there a source for the wipes, or another upgrade to eliminate the wipes entirely?

2. The original design calls for pop rivets in the first stage chamber. Can something else be more effective?

3. The body of the 2 stage has (2) body parts that thread together, Do each of these parts require my Trust engraving info on them,
or is the main one only neccesary?

Thanks in advance,

M
sickasssig
Silent Operator

Re: Form 1 Mac-10 2 Stage

Post by sickasssig »

Look at the post thats about two down from yours i believe it is what u seek looks like a old mac type suppresor or uzi type u might get an idea from there good luckbon your quest
:evil: hey watch this
sickasssig
Silent Operator

Post by sickasssig »

Four derilects rescued from oblivion
:evil: hey watch this
Tony M.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tony M. »

mikabika45 wrote:Hi, guys,

I just joined this forum, and been searching for some answers to a form 1 build. I just got my form 1 back, and have started the build. I submitted the old Mac-10 2 stage suppressor design, and have a few questions that I cant seem to find answers to here, maybe someone can enlighten me. I know there are much better designs out there, but I wanted the classic mac 2 stage. So here are my questions:

1. The wipe design on this, is there a source for the wipes, or another upgrade to eliminate the wipes entirely?

2. The original design calls for pop rivets in the first stage chamber. Can something else be more effective?

3. The body of the 2 stage has (2) body parts that thread together, Do each of these parts require my Trust engraving info on them,

Thanks in advance,

M
I won't address the fact that you'd likely be happier with a modern design, and instead focus on answering your actual questions:

1. Wipes can still be very effective. Most elect not to use them, as they are wear items, and degrade fairly rapidly. An end cap with a built in M-baffle is what my 9mm can uses as a replacement. If you want to use wipes, there are several options. The search function here or over at uzitalk would be the best way to learn about them.

2. The design actually used eyelets in the first stage, not pop rivets. The eyelets are still fairly good at dissipating heat and pressure. Bronze hardware screen might be another good option, but hearing them side by side, I thought the cans with eyelets where just a little quieter. The bronze screen would be easier to disassemble and clean.

3. The Mac cans I have owned and observed only had the manufacturer info on the first stage (large) tube.

Hope that helps.
mikabika45

Post by mikabika45 »

Tony M. wrote:
mikabika45 wrote:Hi, guys,

Thanks in advance,

M
I won't address the fact that you'd likely be happier with a modern design, and instead focus on answering your actual questions:

1. Wipes can still be very effective. Most elect not to use them, as they are wear items, and degrade fairly rapidly. An end cap with a built in M-baffle is what my 9mm can uses as a replacement. If you want to use wipes, there are several options. The search function here or over at uzitalk would be the best way to learn about them.

2. The design actually used eyelets in the first stage, not pop rivets. The eyelets are still fairly good at dissipating heat and pressure. Bronze hardware screen might be another good option, but hearing them side by side, I thought the cans with eyelets where just a little quieter. The bronze screen would be easier to disassemble and clean.

3. The Mac cans I have owned and observed only had the manufacturer info on the first stage (large) tube.

Hope that helps.
Thank you, that does help!
hank jr

Post by hank jr »

1. Source for the wipes: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MA ... ge_o01_s01

2. I don't know if something else be more effective but I used split lock washers when I couldn't find eyelets.
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

The classic look of the two stage MAC is a must but you can do much better for performance.If you start with a thick seamless pipe the back end of the suppressor can be bored out and the front can be turned to size to preserve the look.Using two different sized baffles like large cones in the rear followed by K baffles up front will be much better than Mitch Werbel ever dreamed of.

Wipes are a pain in the butt, if you must McMaster Carr has sheets of it in various thickness and density's.We replaced wipes every 20-25 rounds in the military to preserve the sound quality.That works good for E&E but sucks on the range.

http://www.eyeletoutlet.com/round-eyelets.html

-CL
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
mikabika45

Post by mikabika45 »

Thanks for all the great feedback. I'm going ahead with the original Mac design, due to the fact that it is what drawings I submitted to the ATF when I filed my Form 1. Since it came back approved, I believe I cannot change the design now.
propeine
Silent But Deadly

Post by propeine »

mikabika45 wrote:Thanks for all the great feedback. I'm going ahead with the original Mac design, due to the fact that it is what drawings I submitted to the ATF when I filed my Form 1. Since it came back approved, I believe I cannot change the design now.
There's your first problem. Don't submit drawings next time. Just a length and caliber is necessary.
mikabika45

Post by mikabika45 »

propeine wrote:
mikabika45 wrote:Thanks for all the great feedback. I'm going ahead with the original Mac design, due to the fact that it is what drawings I submitted to the ATF when I filed my Form 1. Since it came back approved, I believe I cannot change the design now.
There's your first problem. Don't submit drawings next time. Just a length and caliber is necessary.
You are correct sir, Ah, live and learn............ :wink: