looking for help in MN

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

kashed420

looking for help in MN

Post by kashed420 »

not sure if this is the place to post or not, as you can tell I am a long time reader but not a poster. looking for help in the metro area for a form 1 i am thinking of making. Please PM if your willing to help a guy out.
thanks
bakerjw
Elite Member

Re: looking for help in MN

Post by bakerjw »

Moved to silencersmithing.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
ChinStrap40

Post by ChinStrap40 »

kashed420 wrote:not sure if this is the place to post or not, as you can tell I am a long time reader but not a poster. looking for help in the metro area for a form 1 i am thinking of making. Please PM if your willing to help a guy out.
thanks
I live in the metro area, but all that I have form 1'ed is an SBR and I assume you want to form 1 a can?
kashed420

Post by kashed420 »

correct, looking to do a integral suppressor on a ruger 96/44. might just have to settle for a screw on can. we will see what i can find. thanks
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

kashed420 wrote:correct, looking to do a integral suppressor on a ruger 96/44. might just have to settle for a screw on can. we will see what i can find. thanks
Hey, I've got that very same project in the hopper. I have yet to find any info on how the barrel is removed, you? What do you plan to do about how the stock attaches? I've got a fast twist barrel blank and was thinking about leaving it thick from the chamber out to just past the mounting point and having the stock screw directly into the barrel. Then I'd start my tube from that point forward. I'm also thinking about a custom stock that is much thicker out front.

I'd love to hear your thoughts/ideas on it.
JFettig
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JFettig »

kashed420 - What kind of help do you need? I'm working with Schreyer Weapon Systems doing development.