blast chamber to rear of muzzle?

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

fozzyber

blast chamber to rear of muzzle?

Post by fozzyber »

Hello all, I been lurking around here for a while but here is my first question. I am doing a 9mm AR pistol build with a 7.5 barrel, the barrel is stepped.
I was thinking about the design for the planned F1, is there any benefit to increasing the volume of the blast chamber to go behind the muzzle? kind of like a integral but with out all of the porting?
I was just looking at the shape of the barrel and it just seems to scream extend me. and yes I it would be a dedicated.

thanks, lots of good info here

Fozzyber
jydaz

Re: blast chamber to rear of muzzle?

Post by jydaz »

Hi, I recently completed a 45acp suppressor on an AR. It works great and the overall length from the barrel nut to the muzzle is only 12 inches. I think it is almost exactly what you are considering. If you are interested pm me.
Marsblue

Post by Marsblue »

The extra volume would certainly help in the blast chamber. I'd been thinking about building one that would have the end cap threaded for that larger step up and a wagon wheel looking threaded support that threads onto the muzzle threads. this would also help with having the same volume with the balance more towards the middle.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

fozzyber wrote:kind of like a integral but with out all of the porting?
You're describing a Reflex design. Lots of good info available on their benefits and limitations.

http://guns.connect.fi/rs/m62graaf.html
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314