Caliber Markings and Actual Caliber usage

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Post Reply
RogerRonas
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, Co.

Caliber Markings and Actual Caliber usage

Post by RogerRonas » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:50 pm

So I will be getting a trust this month, and building 2 form 1 suppressors.
Questions:
if I mark one of them 300 caliber and size baffles accordingly, I believe I can shoot smaller cals thru it/ Can I mark one 300 caliber and make baffles 22 caliber?
Can I mark one 300 caliber and size baffles larger, as in .458?

Thanks
Roger
MOLON LABE

I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6!

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Caliber Markings and Actual Caliber usage

Post by Bendersquint » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:32 pm

RogerRonas wrote:So I will be getting a trust this month, and building 2 form 1 suppressors.
Questions:
if I mark one of them 300 caliber and size baffles accordingly, I believe I can shoot smaller cals thru it/ Can I mark one 300 caliber and make baffles 22 caliber?
Can I mark one 300 caliber and size baffles larger, as in .458?

Thanks
Roger
If it is a 300 caliber can, be sure you can shoot 300 caliber through it.

You mark it for the largest caliber you are shooting.

Remember, you can always shoot sub calibers through it, not the other way around.

RogerRonas
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, Co.

Re: Caliber Markings and Actual Caliber usage

Post by RogerRonas » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:54 pm

Bendersquint wrote:
RogerRonas wrote:So I will be getting a trust this month, and building 2 form 1 suppressors.
Questions:
if I mark one of them 300 caliber and size baffles accordingly, I believe I can shoot smaller cals thru it/ Can I mark one 300 caliber and make baffles 22 caliber?
Can I mark one 300 caliber and size baffles larger, as in .458?

Thanks
Roger
If it is a 300 caliber can, be sure you can shoot 300 caliber through it.

You mark it for the largest caliber you are shooting.

Remember, you can always shoot sub calibers through it, not the other way around.

Got it THANKS
Roger
MOLON LABE

I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6!

fastfire
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: I-D-HO

Re: Caliber Markings and Actual Caliber usage

Post by fastfire » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:12 am

Might want to change that to; 30cal.
300 CAL IS TO BIG TO SHOULDER FIRE!

RogerRonas
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, Co.

Re: Caliber Markings and Actual Caliber usage

Post by RogerRonas » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:32 am

Good catch 30 cal it is

Roger
MOLON LABE

I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6!

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Caliber Markings and Actual Caliber usage

Post by Bendersquint » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:34 am

fastfire wrote:Might want to change that to; 30cal.
300 CAL IS TO BIG TO SHOULDER FIRE!
And 458 isn't?

fastfire
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: I-D-HO

Re: Caliber Markings and Actual Caliber usage

Post by fastfire » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:30 pm

Bendersquint wrote:
fastfire wrote:Might want to change that to; 30cal.
300. CAL IS TO BIG TO SHOULDER FIRE!
And .458 isn't?

FIFY This is what I meant.. 300. V/S .458

Post Reply