JMPF or TYCA Maglite Stainless cups reviews

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

EXPERIMENTAL

Re: JMPF or TYCA Maglite Stainless cups reviews

Post by EXPERIMENTAL »

Because I am one of the members that believes that information should be shared and Poolshark's product makes it easier for those without machining skills to have a successful F1 experience, this is the information I gathered from playing around on CAD;

Number of Zmachineworx 1.355" OD, 1.388" OAL, Ti "products" stacked end to end starting at end of a 7.6" SDTA tube with end threaded end - (blast chamber spacer)

5 - 3.390" spacer
6 - 2.722" spacer
7 - 2.054" spacer
8 - 1.386" spacer
9 - 0.718" spacer

For other reference my CAD model shows SDTA ends threaded all the way in leaves 6.73" of internal space to fill on a SDTA 7.6" tube.

These are based off of models that I have created and I do not know the tolerance stack of said parts so YMMV.
Nanook49

Post by Nanook49 »

Any updates on the availability of the cones ?
whitepointer

Post by whitepointer »

Handloader wrote:Does anyone here have real world reviews of the 316 Stainless Maglite cups by JMPF or TYCA industries in the 0.995 in. and the 1.340 in. size. I'm thinking of using them in an 8 in. long Titanium tube. The 0.995 for rimfire, and the 1.340 in. for supersonic use (.357 lever action)- .308 and down (with a smaller end cap). I understand the aluminium cups (6061 Al) tend to malform with supersonic use.

I have researched all over the internet, but can not get any really solid reviews. I have a small mini lathe (7x14) and have made baffles in the past for my Form 1's. I am 90 out days from my ATF Efile, and am getting anxious.
I just built a can with Tyca Maglite cups and tested it on the .22LR. It is not quiet, don't bother wasting time and money on these.