Want to make a 9mm can, any design suggestions?

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

bookertbab

Want to make a 9mm can, any design suggestions?

Post by bookertbab »

I am a newb and would love some design suggestions for a 9mm can. I have some 381-3179 FP's. I am thinking I would probably like to use titanium for the tube and adapter end cap. I will probably use it with subs in a AR SBR.

Thanks.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Re: Want to make a 9mm can, any design suggestions?

Post by quiettime »

Here's a link to the completed builds thread

viewtopic.php?t=79895
Samson1044

Post by Samson1044 »

I built one for an SBR , used titanium for the rear cap/blast chamber with a SS first baffle followed by 8 more K baffles. The outer tube , front cap and 8 baffles were all made from 7075 aluminum.
We've got thousands out rounds through from heavy sub sonics to hot hot 115 gr ammo and any wear that occurring at all is from cleaning them.
bookertbab

Post by bookertbab »

How does this sound... 1.5" OD with 1.35" I'd titanium tube 6" long. With 5 k-baffles giving about 4" and the rest of used as expansion chamber?
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

bookertbab wrote:How does this sound... 1.5" OD with 1.35" I'd titanium tube 6" long. With 5 k-baffles giving about 4" and the rest of used as expansion chamber?
It would sound better as 1.375" x 9.00" with 7 to 8 k baffles.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

Samson1044 wrote:I built one for an SBR , used titanium for the rear cap/blast chamber with a SS first baffle followed by 8 more K baffles. The outer tube , front cap and 8 baffles were all made from 7075 aluminum.
We've got thousands out rounds through from heavy sub sonics to hot hot 115 gr ammo and any wear that occurring at all is from cleaning them.
Its always a pleasure to see a craftsmen work.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895