Form 1 Ti 7.62 Suppressor

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

propeine
Silent But Deadly

Form 1 Ti 7.62 Suppressor

Post by propeine »

I'll take apart the guts at some point but the end caps are firmly planted at the moment. Just finished this up two nights ago and got a chance to shoot it tonight. It is currently 8.25" long and can be shortened by down to 7.5" just by playing around with some spacing. There is a lot of space left over in between the last baffle and the exit cap at the moment. Weight is 17.2oz with room to trim at least 2-3oz between length and thinning out between the threaded caps.

First, here is a 10.5" 5.56 with a griffin flash comp

Here is a baffle stack although the bottom end cap is threaded instead of welded now. It consists of 5 Titanium baffles at .050 thick up to .080 thick depending on position, and 2 17-4 stainless baffles. All except for the first baffle are clipped.

Here are some exterior pics. The attachment to the barrel is via griffin's taper mount.

Here is why the barrel side is so narrow. It fits under my midwest industries handguard for about 3/16"

Here is a video although due to supersonic crack, it doesn't really sound all that different. My charging handle was sticky for some reason and no I didn't have eye protection on. Thought I had it in the car but couldn't resist the urge to get some rounds down range before it got dark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g8eTxljfic

It is comfortable to shoot without muffs even though I know it has to be at the edge of hearing damage. Sounds like an unsuppressed 16" 22lr. For hunting etc it would be fine but at the range I'll likely leave some hearing protection in.
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Re: Form 1 Ti 7.62 Suppressor

Post by Capt. Link. »

Your suppressor works well on that shorty.The NATO rounds have a real snap to them even in longer barrels.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
cal50
Silent But Deadly

Re: Form 1 Ti 7.62 Suppressor

Post by cal50 »

Thumbs up!
Branded for life, in more ways than one