.25 ACP Form 1 Can

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Prince Yamato
Silent But Deadly

.25 ACP Form 1 Can

Post by Prince Yamato »

I have a Beretta JetFire in .25 ACP that I want to thread and silence.

I also have the itch to do a Form 1 can.

My machining skills are non-existent, so I'll probably look at going the solvent-trap to silencer route.

Can I use a C-cell sized tube for the build? In other words, will a tube built for a 22LR/17HMR round be ok for .25 ACP? If so, all I have to do is drill a bigger hole in the endcap and baffles, correct?
Tony M.
Silent But Deadly

Re: .25 ACP Form 1 Can

Post by Tony M. »

Prince Yamato wrote:I have a Beretta JetFire in .25 ACP that I want to thread and silence.

I also have the itch to do a Form 1 can.

My machining skills are non-existent, so I'll probably look at going the solvent-trap to silencer route.

Can I use a C-cell sized tube for the build? In other words, will a tube built for a 22LR/17HMR round be ok for .25 ACP? If so, all I have to do is drill a bigger hole in the endcap and baffles, correct?
Basically anything that will withstand the .22LR/.22 magnum will be fine as long as there's clearance.