Question on F1 on integral 10/22

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

mr fixit
Silent But Deadly

Question on F1 on integral 10/22

Post by mr fixit »

Looking down the road to future projects. I need to know what overall length to put on the form 1 for an integral 10/22 suppressor.

On an integral, the length on the F1 would be the total length of the barrel with the suppressor assembled?

The idea is to cut a 10/22 barrel to say 8". Then add a simple mono-core suppressor and perm attach the core to the barrel, and then the outer tube would be "full length" of the barrel giving it the look of a .920 OD bull barrel.

So, would I put the length of the whole assembly, the length of the mono-core, or the length of the outer tube?

I am thinking the correct length would be the length of the full assembly (barrel, core, tube, and threaded cap) as assembled.
Tony M.
Silent But Deadly

Re: Question on F1 on integral 10/22

Post by Tony M. »

mr fixit wrote:
I am thinking the correct length would be the length of the full assembly (barrel, core, tube, and threaded cap) as assembled.
Yup, that's the length you want for the form.