Threaded Barrels That Can't Be Found

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Threaded Barrels That Can't Be Found

Post by Bendersquint »

triggertrip wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:
triggertrip wrote: Additionally, you have to be very cautious about extending barrels since it can void warranties with a lot of suppressor manufacturers.
Have you put a list together of those that do and dont?

My list only has Gemtech and a few no names on it?

You know, honestly, it is your job to be compiling a list of suppressor manufacturers that DO NOT void warranty for your services.
I have spoken to AAC and they, IN FACT, also void warranty for extended barrels.
I would assume that most would and I would also appreciate you staying off my feed trying to push your company's services and giving people WRONG information. It is rude and unappreciated.
I wasnt asking FOR the list I was asking if you HAD put together a list.....there was just alot of assumption going on in your posts.

I do have a comprehensive list of manufacturers and which of our parts do not void warranties on and what parts do.

The information I have is NOT wrong, it just isn't the same answer you received...there is a difference. I am basing it off my discussions and dealings with the manufacturers....and most of them maintain their warranty when the parts/work come from my shop......including extended barrels.

As far as extended length threaded barrels go this is the most to least desired list based off the requests we have gotten.

1 - Sig P238 (We get a few requests a week, a threaded barrel would sell FAST)
2 - HK P30SK and P2000SK
3 - Glock 42
4 - Beretta M9/92FS
5 - SW Shield 9mm
6 - Various Kahr's

I have had a few request for the Ruger LC9....that funky barrel! A few would sell locally here for sure, not sure enough interest to do a run of more than 25 though.

I also have had a few request for the various FNS pistols...specifically the compact.

I would say if you make any of the ones in my list that it would definitly fill a gap...especially the Sig P238(I would even pay for one now).
noisecatcher
Silent Operator

Post by noisecatcher »

triggertrip wrote:
noisecatcher wrote:I haven't seen one for a Ruger LC9 or Sig P290 but then again I haven't aimed a Google search that way in a couple years.
Do you think a threaded barrel for the LC9 would even be sought after?
Heck idk if people would want them or if you could even get those pocket pistols to run right with a can on them. I do know that so long as people are spending good money customizing Hi-points that anything firearms related has a potential customer. I know a lot of people with LC9's and if you offered a threaded barrel I bet some would buy it.
Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still.
VinnieBoomBah

Post by VinnieBoomBah »

S&W 39, because Hush Puppy. :wink:
voo-doo

Post by voo-doo »

Magnum Research Baby Eagle .45acp
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

alordnapa wrote:Kahr K40...or almost any steel frame Kahr's.
And Kahr PM9. Conventional rifling, not that polygonal rifling they are sold with.
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Post by Michael Black 47 »

I am just through my two cents in here.I'm really looking forward to having my Omega 9K from silencerco. I am also trying to decide between either purchasing the M&P shield or the glock 43. I was wondering if these barrels can take some abuse an what not. +p ammo ext.
helomech

Post by helomech »

I've been looking for a threaded barrel for my Sig P250, in .45 cal for over a year now, with no luck.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

triggertrip wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:
triggertrip wrote: Additionally, you have to be very cautious about extending barrels since it can void warranties with a lot of suppressor manufacturers.
Have you put a list together of those that do and dont?

My list only has Gemtech and a few no names on it?

You know, honestly, it is your job to be compiling a list of suppressor manufacturers that DO NOT void warranty for your services.
I have spoken to AAC and they, IN FACT, also void warranty for extended barrels.
I would assume that most would and I would also appreciate you staying off my feed trying to push your company's services and giving people WRONG information. It is rude and unappreciated.
I don't see it as "your feed". Put it in the Classified section where it belongs.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

Beretta 32 Tomcat.
friendlysniper

Post by friendlysniper »

S&W M&P 9c threaded barrel please
Nuclear
Silent Operator

Post by Nuclear »

1911 38 Super.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Just an FYI guys.....

The OP has not logged on since 10AUG16......thread is dead.