Ceiner/Ruger Mk2 disassembly

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

davidjayuden

Ceiner/Ruger Mk2 disassembly

Post by davidjayuden »

Help, FNG here.
I have a registered J A Ceiner Ruger Mk2 .22, integral barrel design from the early 1990's, that desperately needs freshening up, and I'm stumped. I have the rear set screw out, the (muzzle) end cap off, and the baffles forward of the muzzle out, but I don't know how the outer sleeve is attached to the barrel base (or muzzle). It could be threaded on at the base of the barrel, threaded onto the muzzle, pressed on or even glued on. I don't want to go all medieval on it at least until I know how it comes apart. Of course he made these to not be user serviceable, but anything that is put together can be take apart.
Anyone have any firsthand experience or knowledge of these?
I suppose if this fails I may send it off for professional rebuild. But to whom?
Thanks!
dju
gunny50
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ceiner/Ruger Mk2 disassembly

Post by gunny50 »

Post Some pictures. That NightVision help to.

Gunny
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Post by curtistactical »

Oh you're in for some serious work if you want to get thing apart. We recored a Ceiner MkII a couple years ago, the way Ceiner ported the barrel made swiss cheese out of it. The chamber that the ports vented into was completely full of lead and copper and was fused to the tube and barrel. Since you are trying though, first remove the aluminum baffles out the front then remove the set screw under the tube, now is the fun part, the tube is threaded to the barrel at the rear and has loctite on it, you will have fun with this part if you have over 5k rounds through it because the tube will be fused to the barrel more than likely, if not it may not be as bad as the one we recored.
Joe
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

I understand that Ceiner was very assertive about the permanence of most of his integrally suppressed builds, but surely this was because he wasn't anticipating users firing more than perhaps 1,000 shots through them during the lifetime of the pistols. The heavily ported barrel with the mesh just cries out for routine maintenance which would seem to be an obvious case for a more removable outer tube... and I'm frankly puzzled that he didn't just have them thread onto the receiver then fix them with a grub screw. Would have been just as reliable in terms of front sight placement stability and gas trapping, but would have been relatively easy for users to service. Oh well, 20/20 hindsight I guess.
davidjayuden

Post by davidjayuden »

Thanks for your help!
What we have done is freeze the entire upper, then chuck the outer sleeve in a lathe using alum. strips to cushion the finish (didn't work), Heated the back of the sleeve/front of the receiver with MAP gas, then wrenched on the receiver, all to no avail.
I'm wondering aloud if more heat may not be in order and also some special barrel tools to hold it/turn it. Maybe even heat more of the sleeve to break the bond of the lead? I don't want to destroy it but I have pretty well written off the bluing.
Any chemical solutions we can soak the whole thing in to slightly loosen the lead/copper build-up and its grip on the outer sleeve?
dju
Hatchetjoe
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hatchetjoe »

Stand the tube upright, pour some Kroil into the inner tube let it sit until some Kroil comes out of the seam, after that try the wrench again.
davidjayuden

Post by davidjayuden »

Thank you!