Integral ruger 22/45 monocore

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

BCJ
Senior Silent Operator

Integral ruger 22/45 monocore

Post by BCJ »

The first suppressor I built was an integral 22 ruger with 9" tube. I decided to try an integral design and figured why not another Ruger. This started as a 5.5" bull barrel, I cut it down to 3.25" recrowned and threaded after profiling. The suppressor tube is 6"lg 304ss. The mono core is 7075 aluminum type 2 anodized at home. There is a stainless thread insert in the monocore. This is 3" shorter than my original one and much lighter. I still need to polish the tube

BlogSarge
Silent Operator

Re: Integral ruger 22/45 monocore

Post by BlogSarge »

That should be a nice gun.

I admire those of you with the patience and skill to do this. I have many takents, but in this area I know to write a check to someone else!

Post up a finished picture, it looks like it'll be darn nice.
propeine
Silent But Deadly

Re: Integral ruger 22/45 monocore

Post by propeine »

BCJ wrote:The first suppressor I built was an integral 22 ruger with 9" tube. I decided to try an integral design and figured why not another Ruger. This started as a 5.5" bull barrel, I cut it down to 3.25" recrowned and threaded after profiling. The suppressor tube is 6"lg 304ss. The mono core is 7075 aluminum type 2 anodized at home. There is a stainless thread insert in the monocore. This is 3" shorter than my original one and much lighter. I still need to polish the tube

This is on my list of things to do first should the NFA stamp requirement go away. I'm not in love with my 22/45 enough to dedicate it to an integral just yet with 50% of the value in a stamp. Very nice work!