New Member, New Design

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

T_Sebastian

New Member, New Design

Post by T_Sebastian »

First, let me say, Hello everyone. I am new to the site, and this is my first post here.

I just mailed in my Form 1, on a Trust, last week. They haven't even run my credit card yet. So...this leaves plenty of time for design work.
I am a CNC programmer / Machinist by trade for the last 21 years, and I have several CNC mills and Lathes at my disposal.

I have come up with a fairly simple design, but I have a question for those more knowledgeable than myself.

Here are 2 pictures of the same design. One, with small cuts to act as "mouse holes" (if I've used that term correctly) on alternating sides, and one without.
Which would be better, and why? (if I can figure out how to post pics...)

whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Re: New Member, New Design

Post by whiterussian1974 »

I'm not sure. But the 2nd w alternating bleeder holes should create added turbulence. Just not sure how much or how it would benefit the Results that you desire. :D
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
fishman
Silent But Deadly

Re: New Member, New Design

Post by fishman »

There's far better monocore designs. Yours is very symmetrical. Turbulence inducing Asymetry is your friend. Look at a gemtech and liberty monocores

It's hard to say if the ports will help, the pressure differential they create will do little in disrupting the main bore jet of gases
300 blackout form 1: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137293

5.56 form 1:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141800&p=955647#p955647