sd tactical three lug issues

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

mashmish50

sd tactical three lug issues

Post by mashmish50 »

Has anyone used SD's three lug before? On their page they talk about keeping it greased and cleaned to prevent issues but I can only get about 100 rounds through my can with it on before it gets so much carbon built up that if I take it off then put it back on again it won't seat properly and I get baffle strikes.
Zero99z
Silent Operator

Re: sd tactical three lug issues

Post by Zero99z »

I've used them, then I threw them away. They claim to be spec but they're not. I tried to use a MP5 glass breaker flash hider and right off the bat it wouldn't seat. I got a cheap $30 3 lug from ronin factory and I had no issues.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Re: sd tactical three lug issues

Post by a_canadian »

With the cost in $$$ for a decent can, or even more in labour put into making one, the quickest attachment method I'd trust would be coarse acme threads with a very square shoulder to stop against. Unless it was on an integral with at least a few inches of overlap on the barrel, then a 3-lug would be nice and not introduce any alignment error potential. All it takes is one significant baffle strike to effectively kill a suppressor. Why chance it to save a few seconds of threading the thing on?