Any 300WM Monocore Suppressors?

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

MMH
Senior Silent Operator

Any 300WM Monocore Suppressors?

Post by MMH »

Are are the monocores mostly for lower velocity/pressure rounds?
Elkins45
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Any 300WM Monocore Suppressors?

Post by Elkins45 »

MMH wrote:Are are the monocores mostly for lower velocity/pressure rounds?
Thompson Machine Thirty is a monocore that’s 300 WM rated. I think the Lane Scorpion is as well.
ECCO Machine
Silent But Deadly

Post by ECCO Machine »

Mine aren't on the market at this time, but my stainless and Ti monocores can absolutely take 300 WM. So can the aluminum critters, just with a very limited rate of fire.

Monocores aren't as popular for centerfire rifle because they're generally not as efficient at suppressing those rounds in a given length & diameter package. But many of us are trying to change that paradigm.
FFL07/02SOT Gunsmith & Machinist
gunny50
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunny50 »

ECCO Machine wrote:Mine aren't on the market at this time, but my stainless and Ti monocores can absolutely take 300 WM. So can the aluminum critters, just with a very limited rate of fire.

Monocores aren't as popular for centerfire rifle because they're generally not as efficient at suppressing those rounds in a given length & diameter package. But many of us are trying to change that paradigm.
Ecco,
I bet AAC and US army might think different as they use them. Their 300WM / 338LM QD can is not that bad at all.

Gunny
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

Liberty Mystic X.