Suppressed 410 - Repost

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Enfield577
Silent But Deadly

Suppressed 410 - Repost

Post by Enfield577 »

Hi Gents,
I took down the details on my post about my suppressed 410 as I was looking into some opportunities, now that is all done it seems some wanted to see it again so I thought easiest to just create another post rather than filling in the blanks on the old one.

The challenge was to produced suppressed 410 that that was quiet off the shelf with standard ammo, 2 1/2" or 3", so after heaps of development I got there and the performance is excellent, just sounding like a well suppressed 22. It proved to be quite complex involving a heavily ported barrel with various stages and combinations, and getting the porting right to drop the ammo down to subsonic levels.

The first high pressure stage I ended up going with shoe eyelets, everything else just crushed down after a few shots.

Next stage was a wrap of motorcycle exhaust wadding, then we have an open section and finally after trying a few variants, I went for 5 M baffles in front of the muzzle.

I now get the parts and barrels CNC manufactured and all AL parts anodised and I guess next to work a 12 G version, when I get some time ha ha

To be fair these things have taken a long time to develop and I have it just about right so am not looking for redesign ideas just share the knowledge and hopefully help you guys in the US who are limited in what you can do and experiment with...…………….All the best and PM me if you want any specific details......Cheers

Be sure to check out the videos at the end of this post

https://youtu.be/JdhM04qdSPk
https://youtu.be/WhI2hwP4cYc
Of all the things I've lost it's my mind I miss the most