Planning my first silencer build

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Re: Planning my first silencer build

Post by Capt. Link. »

The you should have zero runout so the bore hole is as tight as possible. Tubes are rarely true or round so boring and turning from pipe ensures they are. Threading tubes and end caps in a cats-head is recommended. The muzzle threads must be cut true with hard shoulder to help everything forward of it. I have a wealth of shop knowledge and you have the stamp. I'm only trying to help you get the most from your labor.
-CL

PS: there are many legal was of building that ensures you will end up with a suppressor that you will wish to shout about. If you can MIG/TIG there are weight savings and strength that can be gained.

-CL
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Veggicide

Re: Planning my first silencer build

Post by Veggicide »

Build is complete. It is a pain in the rear to post images on this site though, so here are just a couple images. (engraving is all on the other side, don't want to give that info away :) ) I'm only showing the first cone, I left it unclipped because I have no muzzle brake. The rest of the cones are thinner and are all clipped, so don't flame me :P Tested it out today and it works wonderfully. Got the gas block adjusted to where there is very little coming out the ejection port. The only noise I hear is the bolt cycling pretty much and the recoil is very low with 220 grain subs.