Sound testing

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

liquidrush

Sound testing

Post by liquidrush »

I've got a new area for testing that's up and out of the flood plain so I don't have to worry about getting wet or stuck anymore. I tested stuff all afternoon Saturday and the area is absolutely perfect for this. Some of you mentioned that you wanted to have your stuff tested so if you still do, think about when you want to do it. My next trip out there either the 27th or 28th of this month weather depending and will most likely do this on a monthly basis. I own a Larson Davis LXT1-QPR which I check for calibration both prior to and after testing with my L-D Cal-200 calibrator and I use mil std 1474-D as my testing protocol. I charge a flat fee of 45.00 plus return shipping and this will also cover the cost of ammo for one string of 10 shots which is the standard string, extra strings or calibers are an additional 10.00ea. If you want specific ammo let me know but as a rule I use Hush subsonic in 300 and 9mm, Hush 45acp 230gr ball, PMC or American Eagle 223 (all brass case, no steel wolf or tula) and Winchester 308. Hosts are 16" barrel bolt actions except for the 308 which is an H&R handi-rifle but it's still 16". Handguns are a Beretta 92 for 9mm, a 1911 for 45 and a Sig Mosquito for 22lr. If you want a specific host let me know and I'll see if I have it. If you use muzzle devices for mounting I'll need them as well so let me know if you have any questions. I'm an FFL/SOT and have been in business for almost 26 years. I can provide info for you to EZ check me if you want. Email to reach me is e z g e o and then the number 1 at the g-mail dot com, that's probably the best way.
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Re: Sound testing

Post by Capt. Link. »

Am I correct that you are XXX Warrior....welcome and thank you for this offer.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
liquidrush

Post by liquidrush »

That's correct. Although they are nothing like they were in the 90's.
Sergeant
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sergeant »

Gotta ask....
What's a XXX Warrior?
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

Sergeant wrote:Gotta ask....
What's a XXX Warrior?
#7 left to right.....one of the first small business full auto rated suppressor offered to the public that worked as advertised.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
liquidrush

Post by liquidrush »

Ha! That's it alright, they were big but they worked pretty darn good for what they were. I still see one every now and again that people managed to damage and I still fix em for free no matter what happened. I just did one this past week for a guy that was a 2001 vintage by the SN. I still have the original die set I used to press-form the baffles from squares of 4130. I used to buy 4x8 sheets of it from a local steel place and have it sheared into 3.5x3.5" squares, I'm pretty sure the shear guy hated me. Each one had 28 individual welds in it and they could really take a beating and hold up just fine These days everything is CNC machined, the stacks are fusion welded and heat treated prior to installation, they're still sealed by welding and everything is laser marked in house. I made thousands of those things back in the day.