Best clips for different applications

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Joelpat

Best clips for different applications

Post by Joelpat »

I'm positive this thread exists umpteen times in the archives, but I can't get the search function to work and I didn't find anything going back a few pages. So apologies in advance.

I'm ready for final assembly, and to drill and clip my cones. I have four different suppressors to build:

8" for a 300BLK host, sub and super sonic, semi auto only. 2 stainless cones followed by 6 Ti. 1.75" diameter. Quiet is the priority.
6" for a 5.56 host, super sonic, 2 stainless cones followed by 3 Ti. 1.5" diameter. This can is intended only to take the edge off the noise, not expecting Hollywood results.
7" for 9MM, sub and super, 2 stainless, 5 Ti, 1.5" (for a MPX host). Hoping for really quiet with subs.
7" for 22LR, Diversified Machine kit, 1.25" - This rifle is already really quiet with subs.

Is one style of clip better for one of these cans, or should I be using different types? I know there is a lot of personal preference/voodoo involved in clipping, so I'm really having a tough time finding concrete info.