Where to Buy Inconel & Titanium on Internet?

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional

Where to Buy Inconel & Titanium on Internet?

Post by James DeGroat »

Where can one buy Inconel 625 or Inconel 718, both in solid round stock and seamless tubing on the Internet?

Also looking for Titanium in both solid round stock and seamless tubing?

One place I've found is www.Onlinemetals.com for the solid round stock titanium, but also looking for more options.

Thanks
Last edited by James DeGroat on Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
Jay Kominek

Post by Jay Kominek »

McMaster-Carr sells titanium and some inconel as well. I also found "Industrial Metal Sales" in my bookmarks. Their page claims they sell inconel. I've never dealt with them, and would be interested in hearing how it goes if you do buy from them.

And there is always ebay.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I use Online Metals, McMaster, and MSC.
HandyMan
Silent But Deadly

Post by HandyMan »

In the past, I have used http://www.truetex.com/metals.htm for small orders. However, it looks like he has sold just about all of his inventory of the super alloys. I also have ordered quite a bit from McMaster-Carr. They stock Inconel 625, but not 718.

I would suggest that you include some other alloys as well. Waspaloy, Haynes 25, and Inconel X-750 are all very close in regards to high temperature strength, and oxidation resistance. All of these alloys, including 625 and 718, are going to give good service to about 1600 degrees F. Above that, the yeild strength will fall off very rapidly.
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional

Post by James DeGroat »

HandyMan wrote: I also have ordered quite a bit from McMaster-Carr. They stock Inconel 625, but not 718.

I would suggest that you include some other alloys as well. Waspaloy, Haynes 25, and Inconel X-750 are all very close in regards to high temperature strength, and oxidation resistance.
I don't see Inconel on their website, only thing I see is small tube.

Never heard of Waspaloy, Haynes 25, or Inconel X-750.

What are the specs on this stuff, and what would make it better over Inconel 625?

Thanks
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
HandyMan
Silent But Deadly

Post by HandyMan »

The specs for all these materials, and more, are available at http://www.hightempmetals.com/technicaldata.php .They are not better than alloy 625 or 718, just very close in regards to their high temperature properties.

The Inconel 625 is listed on McMaster-Carr's website under nickel based alloys. Just surf to the main page, scroll down until you find the link for 'metals'. This will bring up a list of metals with a short description of each. Inconel will be found under 'Nickel'.
Mr_Psmith
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mr_Psmith »

I have ordered barstock metals, but not Ti or Inconel, from McMaster-Carr and have been very pleased.

Warm regards
Mr. Psmith