another potential

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

shotgundrums
Silent But Deadly

another potential

Post by shotgundrums »

Alright. I didn't get much feedback from the last one. Perhaps it was impractical. I don't have a sophisticated program to produce a 3D product, but this was another one. Anyone think it'd would work as a small cal. can?

shotgundrums
Silent But Deadly

Post by shotgundrums »

I've finally got a hook up with a CNC through a friend of mine. He says he can make it and suggests it be of T6 aluminum or stronger. So, I'm going forth with the legal paperwork. From here, it should be quite fun.
VA3shooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by VA3shooter »

I don't know much about the making of suppressors so maybe you can answer this----How is the "hook" part of the "J" supported in your drawing?? It doesn't look like you have the baffles joined and if there's a center bore then doesn't that leave the hook part attached to nothing? Or is it all connected to the walls of the suppressor?? Sorry if it's a dumb question or doesn't make sense (just getting into this part of the board and find it all way over my head :? )
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

Are you trying to copy me? :lol:

At least someone is think along that same lines as me, Just remember you'll want to support those parts that connect to the tube.
James Jones
Silent But Deadly

Post by James Jones »

I think that it'll be very had to drill a strait hole through that. If the hooks arn't going to be supported but on one side I'd use some sort of steel as the aluminum will likely break off uless its going on some sort of 22LR
shotgundrums
Silent But Deadly

Post by shotgundrums »

Actually guys, this baffle module will be one piece, much like that of the AAC Prodigy, but of T6 aluminum. The baffles and module cylinder are together as O N E...without the tube, of course. The center hole will be placed before making the baffles. I was sitting down and thinking of ways to divert the gas...Seems simple enough :) Paco, I wish i could say I copied you after seeing the rifle dynamics you shared :lol: Have you drawn up suppressor ideas as well? Oh, I did see the K-baffle thing you drew...that was cool. However, I'm trying to vier from that concept. Making the single slab version out of one bar of metal is easier, more economical, and baffle staging is limitless.
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

shotgundrums wrote:Actually guys, this baffle module will be one piece, much like that of the AAC Prodigy, but of T6 aluminum. The baffles and module cylinder are together as O N E...without the tube, of course. The center hole will be placed before making the baffles. I was sitting down and thinking of ways to divert the gas...Seems simple enough :) Paco, I wish i could say I copied you after seeing the rifle dynamics you shared :lol: Have you drawn up suppressor ideas as well? Oh, I did see the K-baffle thing you drew...that was cool. However, I'm trying to vier from that concept. Making the single slab version out of one bar of metal is easier, more economical, and baffle staging is limitless.
The way that you drew this idea out is internally exactly how I started when I designed my Dark Heart can. Keep thinking of the way that you can rotate the baffles in your 2D view. For me it led to some pretty nice looking stuff, that should work very well. Good job on the design :D

I do design ideas in binders and notebooks at school. I did this one before I thought of using inverse opposites in my newer designs.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Um, you obviously got the idea from this sculpture in France.

wolf
Silent But Deadly

Post by wolf »

rsilvers wrote:Um, you obviously got the idea from this sculpture in France.

Ok Robert ,,you have fooled people before :wink: ( silencer made out of wood )

Does this thing really exists ,,or is it one of yours well done "photos "

Le monteblugh ,,=the great bluff :?: :?: :twisted:
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

I'm glad R.Silvers put that photo up cause ever since this thread went up I've been scratching my head over where I have seen that before.
I think I'll get to sleep a little easier tonight. :D
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
Silent But Deadly

Post by 3101 »

Hey, maybe that isn't a big bench in France, it might be the can that fits on Degroat's 90mm anti tank gun..... :shock:
Mr. Burns: This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.
Smithers: You are noble and poetic in defeat, sir.
wolf
Silent But Deadly

Post by wolf »

Ok ,,next question ,,if this thing is real ,,and a person in the us did buy it as a big bench from France,,,now would the ATF come after him for having a unregistered baffle stack :wink:
Ky-Moonshiner
Silent Operator

Post by Ky-Moonshiner »

thats the military hardware hidden in plane sight, when WW3 comes that things gonna be wenched up on a howitzer
wolf
Silent But Deadly

Post by wolf »

GaLEO wrote:Hey, maybe that isn't a big bench in France, it might be the can that fits on Degroat's 90mm anti tank gun..... :shock:

shotgundrums
Silent But Deadly

Post by shotgundrums »

You know something, rsilvers? I'm friggen stumped! WOW! Is that actually a real picture of something that already exists? I swear to God I've never seen that before! Man, thats weird. You gotta be fuckin' with me, dude. There's no way in hell that's real...Because I pulled that bullshit silencer draft outa my head....Once i made all the "J's" i thought to myself, "what about a blast baffle?" AND EVEN THAT s--t'S THE SAME!!..no way... :|
Trex
Silent But Deadly

Post by Trex »

Tesla's Valvular Conduit always kind of made me think suppressor but good results can be had for a lot less effort. Nice that others are thinking about it though.

http://www.google.com/patents?id=Lt1PAA ... it#PPP6,M1

regds
shotgundrums
Silent But Deadly

Post by shotgundrums »

are you saying this may be too complex, or unnecessarily complex? That's what's so cool about CNCs :D Those machines are killer, man...You watch a piece of block or bar metal become overwhelmed with liquid during the cutting process, and in no time, you have a work of art...sick.
Trex
Silent But Deadly

Post by Trex »

are you saying this may be too complex, or unnecessarily complex?
Unnecessarily complex but that's just my opinion and I assure you it's not worth much - as I feel pretty much the same about K baffles and most other designs that involve more effort to make. Hotguns design is what I would build myself, good results minimum effort. I've seen variations that would probably offer some further reductions for not a lot more work. The Monolithic thread was very interesting to follow and the final staggered version arrived at very nice. Like some other's the accuracy question was/is a worrier because of the offset chambers.

As an idea I do like your design and would like to see any results from development or testing. I'm not aware of a commercial design using this layout but think Robert would know (nice sculpture bench!). It's cool that Paco has a similar idea as well - for all I know it may be the Holy Grail in silencing or only yield a few Db's reduction over a simpler design. Why should'nt it be looked at in more depth but no CNC or EDM where I'm standing unfortunatly. :wink:

regds
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

shotgundrums wrote:You know something, rsilvers? I'm friggen stumped! WOW! Is that actually a real picture of something that already exists? I swear to God I've never seen that before! Man, thats weird. You gotta be fuckin' with me, dude. There's no way in hell that's real...Because I pulled that bullshit silencer draft outa my head....Once i made all the "J's" i thought to myself, "what about a blast baffle?" AND EVEN THAT s--t'S THE SAME!!..no way... :|
I guess great minds think alike. Sometimes there is just a way to shape something that makes sense.
cocoboots
Silent But Deadly

Post by cocoboots »

LOL.. Nice work silvers.
Anti-venom

Post by Anti-venom »

rsilvers wrote:
shotgundrums wrote:You know something, rsilvers? I'm friggen stumped! WOW! Is that actually a real picture of something that already exists? I swear to God I've never seen that before! Man, thats weird. You gotta be fuckin' with me, dude. There's no way in hell that's real...Because I pulled that bullshit silencer draft outa my head....Once i made all the "J's" i thought to myself, "what about a blast baffle?" AND EVEN THAT s--t'S THE SAME!!..no way... :|
I guess great minds think alike. Sometimes there is just a way to shape something that makes sense.
Same thing happened to me. I thought of a design that would divert the gases back on themselves kind of like a snail shell pattern, even drew it out and was trying to figure out how to make it. I've had it in my mind for years without letting out my secret cause someday I was going to get into making suppressors with that design. When I got close to getting my license I bought several books and started checking patents. Dang!! Maxim beat me to it! :twisted: . Never seen his design anywhere before. I guess great minds do think alike. :wink: only I'm a little slower.
jreinke
Silent But Deadly

Post by jreinke »

Anti-venom,

You guys in Oregon need to learn how to spell, it's Milwaukee not Milwaukie. :lol:
Mageever
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mageever »

Holy crap this is killing me!! :lol:
Anti-venom

Post by Anti-venom »

jreinke wrote:Anti-venom,

You guys in Oregon need to learn how to spell, it's Milwaukee not Milwaukie. :lol:
When the town was named they noticed it was spelled wrong in the other state so they corrected it. :D :lol: