Making K baffles

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

mx201er
Silent But Deadly

Making K baffles

Post by mx201er »

I just sent in my all my forms to make a silencer, and I am starting to plan how I am going to make it.
I found a silencer at http://www.cncguns.com/projects/22silencer.html , this guy made a .22 silencer and I was wondering what you expirienced guys thought of the design. If you dont like them, maybe you could email me some drawings with measurements? :D

I have never made a silencer before, but I have the knowledge and equipment. I have metal lathes and a mill I can use, maybe even a cnc mill if I ask a friend.
thanks for your input.
Last edited by mx201er on Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimmym40a2
Elite Member

Post by jimmym40a2 »

The link you postedwould not open. Do a search of threads and you will find lots of designs. Here are some measurements I took of a tac65 viewtopic.php?t=23245 maybe this will help. Make sure all your paper work is approved before you start "making anything."check out the link viewtopic.php?t=17116 wisperfan posted on how to make k baffles step by step........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEZJ_C4LwzA
mx201er
Silent But Deadly

Post by mx201er »

http://www.cncguns.com/projects/22silencer.html

sry the comma was attached to it
McLarenross
Silent But Deadly

Post by McLarenross »

Look at the monolithic core thread. Much easier to make than a set of K-Baffles and just as quiet or quieter.

mx201er
Silent But Deadly

Post by mx201er »

Just a lot of holes perpendicular to the hole for the bullet?
thanks I am a noob. :oops:
McLarenross
Silent But Deadly

Post by McLarenross »

Pretty much. Go read the thread. Its kinda long but you'll be all the wiser for having read it. And I think you will decide you want to do a mono core instead of K's.

viewtopic.php?t=16752
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

The K baffles shown at cncguns.com are a terrible design made by someone who had no clue how k baffles work.
JohnnyO
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyO »

This is what a k baffle should look like.
V8Astro
Silent But Deadly

Post by V8Astro »

Conqueror wrote:The K baffles shown at cncguns.com are a terrible design made by someone who had no clue how k baffles work.
Why? Just curious 8)
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

His design lets gas directly from the front face into the coaxial chamber. Real K baffles don't do that, the coaxial chamber is filled by gas that hits the angled cut and forces a jet of gas across the boreline into a contralateral opening into the coaxial chamber from within. The CNCGuns design is basically a cone baffle with an inefficient, awkwardly-designed spacer.
mx201er
Silent But Deadly

Post by mx201er »

what size and angle should the angled hole be? sorry I dont know names of anything yet...

and how touchy is the hole on the end of the cone, does it effect the loudness alot if it isnt perfect? thanks