QD adapter blueprints?

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Roland

QD adapter blueprints?

Post by Roland »

Okay it doesn't seem anyone has any ready made adapters you can buy for a normal non-QD suppressor. So I assume the next step is to make one? I don't have the stuff required but maybe I could have the gunsmith make one for me.

Anyone know if there are any ready made prints that would fit this type of flash hider?

Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

Well that flashhider has wrench flats that you could use as a locking recess, make it like a beretta quick attach.

how good are your machining skills?
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
Roland

Post by Roland »

I go no machining skills or machines to work with, but I was thinking maybe I could have my gunsmith make an adapter, if I had some blueprints or pictures to show him.
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

Are you wanting this for a Form 1 or for a commercial suppressor?
Roland

Post by Roland »

I am not in the US but in Finland so I don't need any paperwork at all. I do not know what the distinction between a form 1 and commercial suppressor is.

I would like to attach it to an ordinary suppressor, in this case a .22LR suppressor for my incoming .22LR AR-15.
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

Roland wrote:I am not in the US but in Finland so I don't need any paperwork at all. I do not know what the distinction between a form 1 and commercial suppressor is.

I would like to attach it to an ordinary suppressor, in this case a .22LR suppressor for my incoming .22LR AR-15.
A Form 1 is what we have to do to make our own suppressor in the US. What I'm asking basically is if you're making your own suppressor or purchasing one made by a company.

The reason I ask is because you have a lot more flexibility in how you design your QD adapter.
Roland

Post by Roland »

I would like something I could just screw into ordinary factory made suppressors like the Ase Utra rimfire.
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

There are a lot of different cans out there with different QD mounts so your best bet is to find a can you like and get the QD adapter for it. Or you could always make your own :D
Roland

Post by Roland »

Lots of different US cans, which means off-limit outside america. So none of that applies to me. Not that I've found any mounts separate from a can anywhere either while googling and trawling the net for any info on this. So I'd need to make one, no I'd need to have someone make one, one that could screw into any can.