beretta fast attach

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

palladium
Senior Silent Operator

beretta fast attach

Post by palladium »

I try to make a solidworks model. To fix the sight to the pin I use a roll pin, but for the back plate how to fix the pin ? Can't you hellp me? Tank !

palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

Design complet
BKE520

Post by BKE520 »

I really want to see one of these put together. I originally wanted to try that for a ruger 22. I just dont trust the thing to sit straight on there, even with high tolerances. Mainly makes me nervous with the final seating depth and it getting lose over time. Also if you didnt realize what it was for on the original picture, theres a lever that locks the slide so that it wont load the next shell into the chamber which hopefully deflects all the gasses through the suppressor instead of some of them escaping through the back during recoil. I loved that picture from the first time I saw it. So many ingenious ideas
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional

Post by James DeGroat »

You're model looks good.
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
jjgow
Silent But Deadly

Post by jjgow »

It seems like it would be a good idea on a Ruger because bull barrels are readily available and you have more space to work with than on normal pistol barrels. Certainly something worth looking into, but I'm still not entirely certain how a KAC mount like above works.
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

jjgow wrote:It seems like it would be a good idea on a Ruger because bull barrels are readily available and you have more space to work with than on normal pistol barrels. Certainly something worth looking into, but I'm still not entirely certain how a KAC mount like above works.

If you can't just glance at that system and understand how it works then you don't have

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmYDgncMhXw
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
jjgow
Silent But Deadly

Post by jjgow »

The issue I have is that I do'nt see how you pull the pins out. It doesn't look like there's a comfortable place to pull on to detach the suppressor. I'm sure if I handle one in real life I'd see, but I can't even find videos of it.

And I've always felt that I do have the knack, that's why simple things are foreign concepts to me.
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

his cartoon is not showing that the mechanism is spring loaded. Push on the bottom section the sight base moves up. The notches in the rods then align with the round opening into the silencer. The barrel slides in, the base is released the springs bring the rods down and they engage the notches in the barrel so the unit can not slip off forward.

Similar mounting system to this silencer except the mechanism engages in the slots in a std. flash hider.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSpF6TFamvc
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

I like it well enough and I understand its a proven design, but...

It just looks goofy when attached and the bottom hangs down. It looks unfinished. Sharp edges ready to snap something or another.

Now, I don't like making comments without suggestions as well, so...

Would it not be easier to ignore the top sight completely and just have a pin lock base that's unlocked position was 'down' and slid up to lock? Slide up, locks to the barrel the latches in.

You could remove any springs by using a cam latch. The action of unlocking also ramped the base away from the barrel. I'd have to think about it but combining that with tapered ends of the pins would suck up some of the tolerances allowing less wiggle room.

I think that is the way I would approach this.
jjgow
Silent But Deadly

Post by jjgow »

his cartoon is not showing that the mechanism is spring loaded. Push on the bottom section the sight base moves up. The notches in the rods then align with the round opening into the silencer. The barrel slides in, the base is released the springs bring the rods down and they engage the notches in the barrel so the unit can not slip off forward.

Similar mounting system to this silencer except the mechanism engages in the slots in a std. flash hider.
Well, that clears up my confusion. I thought it was entirely manual, not spring assisted.
BKE520

Post by BKE520 »

yeah the mechanism is awesome because you dont have to screw it into place. The only real reason for the sights is it gives you something as a reference though I think I could shoot well enough without them. Its cool, most suppressors that screw on would have the sights wherever the threads fall if you put them on the suppressor can, so it might end up being on the bottom of the suppressor depending on how the barrel is threaded. This gives you sights that are the same time after time. I still want to know what keeps it from getting lose over time? Even a few thousandths of an inch could make it hit the inside of the suppressor. Might not be an issue if you used stainless pins and a nice stainless sleeve that slides over the barrel.
zach h
Silent But Deadly

Post by zach h »

I just look through the can . I shoot most things with both eyes open anyway. I used an EFK berreta 93 barrel .

I need to replace my pins , as I made them too soft . its a real pain to slide them to remove the can now.
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

I have completed the slide lock system

Lock position

UnLock position

What type of steel can I use for my pins ? ss416 or ......